• spider room pics

Ray H, you wanted pider room pics on here,here they are
    Attached Files
    spider woman at Wilkinsons

another view
    Attached Files

Comment

and another, will post more when we move as it will be a whole new spider room
      Attached Files

Comment

nice collection,think ill save me coffee jars in future
        chris
        if you like my photos then post a repy.,
        it makes it worthwhile to me,if you dont like ,still post a reply esp if you can tell me where i went wrong

bts member
        tarantula newbie
        snakes for years

Comment

Here are some pics of my spiddy room.

Comment

yup, posted a reply to your wonderful collection sonny the other day,
            chris
            it makes it worthwhile to me,if you dont like ,still post a reply esp if you can tell me where i went wrong

bts member
            tarantula newbie
            snakes for years

Comment

Originally posted by chris king View Post
              yup, posted a reply to your wonderful collection sonny the other day,

Thankyou chris, that is very kind of you.

Comment

very kind of you to show us your collection, i wish others would too!! hint hint
                chris

bts member
                tarantula newbie
                snakes for years

Comment

very kind of you to show us your collection, i wish others would too!! hint hint
                  Heres a few of mine, unfortuantely most are slings
                  I have got a few more since this photos were taken.

Scorpions and roaches

Nice big work area

Comment

nice collection,is that lot in a shed,i see alot of film pots
                    how many do you have ?
                    are all the slings keepers,i like the work are too good idea,
                    and the roach bins,how many dif roaches /feeders
                    thanks for sharing
                    chris

bts member
                    tarantula newbie
                    snakes for years

Comment

Yes they are in a shed
                      Not exactly sure on how many slings there are, I think about 240-ish.
                      Not all the slings are keepers, I have found that in any group of animals that there will always be 1 or 2 that will stand out from the rest, that why i nearly always buy slings in groups of 10 15 or 20's. Keep the really gooduns and sell the rest
                      Roaches, I have Blaberus giganteus, Blabtia dubia and Nauphoeta cinerea (giant cave, dubia and lobster)
                      Last edited by Peter Roach; 05-10-07, 03:24 AM.

Comment

yup think a shed will have to put up next year,

I have found that in any group of animals that there will always be 1 or 2 that will stand out from the rest, that why i nearly always buy slings in groups of 10 15 or 20's. Keep the really gooduns and sell the rest
                        thats a good idea,dunno if the wife would let me tho lol,

Roaches, I have Blaberus giganteus, Blabtia dubia and Nauphoeta cinerea (giant cave, dubia and lobster)
                        does that lot feed all of your collection
                        Last edited by chris king; 05-10-07, 03:44 AM.
                        chris

bts member
                        tarantula newbie
                        snakes for years

Comment

does that lot feed all of your collection
                          Not as yet as all 3 cultures have only been set up for about 2-3 months, I want to get all the cultures bursting with hundreds and hundreds of roaches and of different sizes before i start feeding them off.

If you do set up a spider shed, please be aware that it a lot easier to heat than it to keep cool and you will almost certainly will need an air con unit fitted.

Comment

dubia and lobster those will be the ones i ll start of with,and as you say give afew months to mulitply in large numbers,before feeding off,

was thinking of that how do ya keep the shed kool,when/if we get a summer,
                            mesh screen on open windows
                            chris

bts member
                            tarantula newbie
                            snakes for years

Comment

was thinking of that how do ya keep the shed kool,when/if we get a summer,
                              mesh screen on open windows

I've tried mesh on open windows and even mesh over an open door, neither work that good and security is non existent. Also how about if it is cold/cool and cloudy when you go to work and then the sun comes out ..... cooked reptiles and spiders on the menu

I have had my shed set-up for nearly 7 years, with only reptiles in it for the last 6.5 years. The spiders have been in it since July.
                              The ONLY way to keep the temperature at a reasonable level is to install an air con unit.
                              Mine is on 24/7 from approx April through to October.
                              There have been a few sunny days in the last week and with the A/C off the temps reached the upper 80's very quickly (lucky someone was in when I phoned home in a panic to turn the A/C on).
                              I have the A/C set to come on if the temps reach 78F and the 2KW oil filled radiator kicks in if the temps fall below 70F, usually the shed is on average about 76F. ........... Works for me

Comment

Working...
                              X