A couple of new pics of my new T's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A couple of new pics of my new T's

First my C. fasciatum sling. My how shes webbed.

I came home tonight with a nice L. parahybana

Ooooooh! Nice T's!
    That C, fasciatum looks quite happy in there, as does the L, parahybana. I keep my L, parahybana in one of 1.3ltr tubs from the spider shop and it does seem to express an interest in climbing as yours has! It usually seems to want to do it when it's being harassed by a cricket!

That C, fasciatum's going tobe a stunner when it starts showing it's colours though

Might have to get a GBB to go with it lol!

Comment

Might have to get a GBB to go with it lol!
      Stop giving me ideas!!!
      I got a better pic of the L. parahybana this morning i'll post it when I get home from printing T shirts all day!!! Then 6 days holiday

Comment

Do you find it to be a bit of a problem feeding it? seening as it is so small ( i know when i have had ones that small they always seem to be a bit of a bother ) ???
        Dan.

Comment

TBH the C, fasciatum isnt a problem, Im putting in small dead crickets atm and its taking them very well. The one thats causing my worries is the smallest A. geniculata, thats seem finicky, although last night I put in the top part of a leg from a hopper and it took quite a large portion of it.

I'll stop worrying when they've been through a few molts and got a bit bigger!!!

Comment

Yer it is a big weight of your hands when all of your tarantulas are big enough to have normal sized crickets...:P
            Dan.

Comment

Originally posted by mike halewood View Post
              The one thats causing my worries is the smallest A. geniculata, thats seem finicky

Wow, that's interesting! Mine takes about 3-4 micro crickets at a time! Eats like a horse!! And mine is tiny too.

I also have a very small N, carapoensis which regularly has a hissy fit when you open the pot and buries it's head in the substrate (I can still see it but it obviously thinks if it can't see me...!)
              That little fella is minute and that took about 3 in one go last night!

It's always a relief to actually see them eat though, only just witnessed the Avic eat Wednesday and I'm still to actually see my two recluses (B, albopilosum/N, chromatus) actually take anything! They're obviously getting them because they are gone the next day!

Comment

I'll put this here to save making a new thread. The way myself and Johanna are going we'd fill the forum in a month or two....

A. geniculata I'd estimate a 4" legspan

Comment

Originally posted by mike halewood View Post
                  The way myself and Johanna are going we'd fill the forum in a month or two....

Haha! How right you are! Lol!

By the way - love that T! So you got it then!?

Comment

She is a relly nice tarantula ( relly nice colour patten )
                    Dan.

Comment

A slightly better pic. I had been setting up a bigger tank for my T. blondi but I think it was a bit too big for her, so the genic has been put in there. On second look I think shes bigger than I first thought and would the leg span is close to 6"..

Comment

Mmmm, yummy! I'd love to have a set of pins like that! lol!

Although I think I get stared at enough already lmao!

Comment

Hi Mike

Seems we have a bit of a "SNAP" here eh?

Great aren't they !!
                          Last edited by Guest; 08-05-07, 04:02 PM.

Comment

They are both relly nice tarantulas i will have to pick some up at the show....( i have made a vow that i will not buy any more, until i go to the show...:P )
                            Dan.

Comment

Originally posted by Daniel Carpenter View Post
                              They are both relly nice tarantulas i will have to pick some up at the show....( i have made a vow that i will not buy any more, until i go to the show...:P )
                              Dan.
                              The A. geniculata is my all time fav T, and before finding this one scoured around all the local shops, finding a couple of really small juvs for £80!!!! So was REALLY happy to find this one.

I made the same promise about buying anymore till the show. BUT I am compiling a list!!

Mike

Comment

Working...
                              X