A. geniculata Moult

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A. geniculata Moult

It must be like buses, you wait ages for one then two come along....

This was before

And now

I'll hopefully get some better pics soon,

Now for the money shot!!!! What a difference a moult makes!!!

Comment

Lovely aren't they Mike, these geni's.
      Mine's just finishing off her defrost pinkie mouse, thats her fed for a week.

Cheaper than the kiddies..

Comment

Mannnnnnnnnnnnnnn!
        I'm soooo jealous!

I got home yesterday to find mine out and about.
        30 mins or so later I checked again as I was about to feed and found this....

Didn't really get a chance to check again once dried so really hoping I can start to see the banding that you can Mike.

He has go a nit stuck no his abdomen so added a little more water to his substrate to see if the humidity would help him out.

Oh, and for good measure, I took a better pic of the C, cyanopubescens whilst it was eating a squat maggot (Trying them for the first time - some spiders really don't know what to make of them!!)

Comment

I keep checking on my little genic, as I do the rest of them!! I think the next moult will either be the little genic, big genic or either the L. parahybana or T. blondi.

Hows your A. versicolour doing?? Im still tempted to order one, but Im still managing to hold out for a juv at the show

Comment

A, versicolour is doing fine, has stopped eating so guess what I'm hoping for...? lol

Comment

Ah you're just bragging now!! lol

Comment

Lol! yes, but you have outdone me on the A, genic.

The A, versicolour did moult afterwards, pics on my other thread.

I too am almost convinced that the little C, fasciatum has moulted as it looks considerably bigger than when it arrived and you can make out the striping on the abdomen now too. Can't find a skin in there though...

I think the T, blondi and T, apophysis are sick of me checking them out the last couple of days. I'm convinced the blondi is due as his bald patch on his bum has blackened up.

Fingers crossed...

Comment

After getting back from work today, I've noticed both my L. parahybana and little A. geniculata have both molted!!!! Thats 5 in a week....

My T. blondi I think is on the same road as yours, big but and gone black. Shes been refusing food for a couple of weeks now so it cantbe that far away.

I'll check the other thread for some more pics

Comment

When I got home from work today I went to check on my t's and both my L. parahybana and tiny A. geniculata have both molted today....

Just keeping an eye on the T. blondi as likes yous she could go at any time!!!

Comment

GOD IT TAKES SO LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONG!

I'm willing him to moult at the moment! That and the pink toe!

My 2 Cyriopagopus slings/juvs arrived yesterday, they're massive compared to what I was expecting! Gorge though, can't wait till they start showing adult colouration. Been wanting one for ages!! (Will try and get pics as soon as but they go like stink!! Was chasing the one around my floor for 5 minutes yesterday as it pegged it out of it's transport tub! So need to be careful taking pics.)
                      Lee had an adult on his site but it was that one I was on about for 85 quid! I keep saying I'll not pay that much for one spider but you just know it will happen eventually!

Comment

Hi Jo
                        One day you just might come across "the one" that is worth spending that much on.
                        Prices of T's are virtually at an all time low at the moment, i know it's not really comparable but i remember paying (on average) £45 - £60 (ish) for sub adult T's in the early 80's when there were no real breeders around.
                        using the average "increase in cost of living" calculations i found on the net, that equates to approx £220 - £270. so 85 quids not that bad if you look at it that way.

Comment

Are you on commission or something?

This is the second time you've practically encouraged my 'addiction'

lmao!

Yeah I suppose you're right. I know it will happen that I will spend that much at some point but I better settled down with the spending for a couple of months or more before I do that though otherwise there will be an add on here...

Home wanted - One Adult Female Human, slightly aggressive, eats well....

lmao!

Comment

Oh, and the 'saving' of getting my tattoo extended against Kettering trip...hmmm, spent 3.5 hours 'under the needle' yesterday and although I get it at a reasonable rate that set me back a hundred nicker! Woke this morning feeling like one arm had bad sunburn!! Love it though!

Comment

Originally posted by Johanna McMullen View Post
                              Home wanted - One Adult Female Human, slightly aggressive, eats well....

lmao!
                              Reference to above advert, does the adult female come with cage, accessories and all her pets, if so will have cash waiting.

Comment

Working...
                              X