This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BTS Members Group and Gallery permissions

You can now apply for your own gallery space, just drop me a PM with a request and I will move you into the usergroup to post images.

A few rules and guidelines to follow:

(1) You will need to be a BTS Member and be using your real name as a username. You can then apply to me to be placed in the BTS Members Group this group have gallery posting previlages.

(2) Images must be your own or posted using the permission of the owner, and this person must be credited.

(3) Images must be no larger than 600 x 400 pixels at 72 dpi.

(4) Space is currently limited to 1500kb.

(5) Any images deemed inappropriate will be removed and an infraction added to your account.
    First offence - 1 week ban.
    Second offence - Permanent ban.

(6) You will not be able to post images in the Theraphosidae Gallery only your own gallery.

(7) Strictly good quality images only, no mobile phone images unless using high end phones such as Sony K800i.

(8.) Images of deliberate handling of tarantulas should not be posted and will be removed. While the BTS does understand that handling of tarantulas at certain times is appropriate and necessary, we still have a no handling for fun policy and this is for the protection of the tarantula, so images that seem to encourage and which show unnecessary handling - will be removed. - see rule five for offences

(9) Images that are to large will be removed and you will be asked to re-post a smaller file.

(10) Hot linking is forbiden and this option is not actived, this is protect BTS server bandwidth.

(11) Enjoy the gallery!

Regards
    Mark

P.S These rules and guidelines will be updated from time to time…
    Last edited by Mark Pennell; 17-09-11, 10:05 AM.

------------------------------------------------------
    Serious Ink tattoo studio -
    Discounts on tattoo's for BTS members
    My Collection: - Support captive breeding

Hi Mark
    Sorry for being a muppet but how do I upload my pics? I have a gallery set up already (thanks!) just need to start adding!

Ta

Jo

Comment

Originally posted by Johanna McMullen View Post
      Hi Mark
      Sorry for being a muppet but how do I upload my pics? I have a gallery set up already (thanks!) just need to start adding!

Ta

Jo
      Jo
      I have to move you into the members group, I will do this now OK.
      Regards
      Mark

Comment

Nice one!

Thanks!

Not sure I have anything quite the right standard to post yet though!

Comment

Just uploaded a couple of pictures (couldn't resist a play with it tbh)

Kain

Comment

Mark

You`ve put down a list of rules on what you can and cant post in the gallery , but surely " severed legs " shouldnt be allowed !!

Comment

Originally posted by Neil Ashby View Post
              Mark

You`ve put down a list of rules on what you can and cant post in the gallery , but surely " severed legs " shouldnt be allowed !!

Lost me there Neil?

if you are refering to the leg shot I posted it is a cast skin showing the blue underside of the Sabah sp of Cyriopagopus.

Other than that please point out what you mean.

Cheers
              Mark

Comment

I think he's 'yanking your chain' as the saying goes Mark!

Lol!

Comment

You are probably right about him just yanking Mark due to his Cyrio 'Sabah' leg image, but I originally interpreted (no doubt to my American lack of the clever British wit) his post to be referring to the fact that Kain's image of an early instar P. cambridgei seems to depict a spider that is missing Leg III on the left side. (It is somewhat hard to discern due to the location of the stick that is in the shot). Since losing a leg in a molt is a somewhat common occurrence in early instars and not indicative of poor health, I certainly don't find anything improper about the posted image.

Regards, Michael
                  Last edited by Michael Jacobi; 14-04-07, 04:22 PM.
                  MICHAEL JACOBI - exoticfauna@gmail.com
                  -> Exotic Fauna, The Tarantula Bibliography, ARACHNOCULTURE E-Zine - exoticfauna.com
                  -> The British Tarantula Society - thebts.co.uk
                  | michael.jacobi@thebts.co.uk
                  -> TARANTULAS.com - tarantulas.com

Comment

Good to see it up and running. Can i request a move over to the member group?? we chatted via PM about it about 2 weeks ago.

Thank you
                    And he piled upon the whale's white hump, the sum of all the rage and hate felt by his whole race. If his chest had been a cannon, he would have shot his heart upon it.

Comment

Mark, sorry to be a dummy, but your have to tell me how to post. !!

Comment

Originally posted by Richard Simmonds View Post
                        Mark, sorry to be a dummy, but your have to tell me how to post. !!
                        Richard
                        This should explain it
                        You can now apply for your own gallery space, just drop me a PM with a request and I will move you into the usergroup to post images.

A few rules and guidelines to follow:

(1) You will need to be a BTS Member and be using your real name as a username. You can then apply to me to be placed in the BTS Members Group this group have gallery posting previlages.
                        Regards
                        Mark

Comment

Originally posted by Neil Richardson View Post
                          Good to see it up and running. Can i request a move over to the member group?? we chatted via PM about it about 2 weeks ago.

Thank you
                          Neil
                          You have been moved to the BTS Members Usergroup, you can know post images OK. enjoy!

Regards
                          Mark

Comment

Mark
                            sorry about hassling you for answers but have tried all the things I can think of myself!

I have only been able to add one picture to my gallery, not sure why? Using images from photobucket but even though it goes through the motions on the upload screens it doesn't actually show the picture on the thumbnails afterwards??

Help appreciated (Unless someone else can step in and save Mark the job please?)

Cheers dudes and dudettes!

Comment

Originally posted by Mark Pennell View Post
                              Neil
                              You have been moved to the BTS Members Usergroup, you can know post images OK. enjoy!

Regards
                              Mark
                              Thank you
                              And he piled upon the whale's white hump, the sum of all the rage and hate felt by his whole race. If his chest had been a cannon, he would have shot his heart upon it.

Comment

Working...
                              X