X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello newbie

Hi, I'm Phil and I have 4 tarantulas.
    One baby king baboon, 2 chile rose and one who is Tarantula X.....in other words, I am not sure about it's history or even what it is exactly! I was told that it is a costa rican zebra but it seems too aggressive. I am posting a photo for your help in identifying it! look in my other thread in the forum to see if you can help.

Comment

• Hi Maria & Phil, welcome to the forum, there's always lots of help and advice on hand, but remember T's are very addictive

Comment

• Originally posted by Maria Clarke View Post
        ...any advice on the best place to buy, or would it be better to wait till the BTS show and buy from there...
        BTS expo offers stacks of different species so you should easily find what you're looking for. The forums also offer quite a variety in their For Sale/Classified sections. TheSpiderShop.co.uk gets rave reviews, Lee always seems popular at the shows: http://www.thespidershop.co.uk/insec...x.php?cPath=21

Welcome to all our new members
        My Collection - Summer 2011

Comment

• Hi phil

Maria I would definatly wait until the BTS show to purchase your first T, this way you can speak to the breeder/dealer about its history, and choose the individual spider in person before commiting to anything, also if your not sure which species is best suited to you they can guide you in the right direction, although if you cant wait like peter said the spider shop would be the next best option.

mattie

Comment

• Hello to you, i can also recommend the spider shop as very good, my chile rose came via the post a couple of weeks ago and a lovely spider she is, eats everything in sight and has webbed the whole tank out too, for a beginner this was very exciting to see how it all forms over a week.
            Addicted now!

Comment

• Originally posted by kn morris View Post
              Hello to you, i can also recommend the spider shop as very good, my chile rose came via the post a couple of weeks ago and a lovely spider she is, eats everything in sight and has webbed the whole tank out too, for a beginner this was very exciting to see how it all forms over a week.
              Addicted now!
              Hi is your G rosea a wc adult female? just webbing of a enclosure could indicate you have a gravid T, never know eh

Comment

• Originally posted by Matthew Davies View Post
                Hi is your G rosea a wc adult female? just webbing of a enclosure could indicate you have a gravid T, never know eh

Could also just be coming up for a moult, also I have yet to see a cb adult rosea :P

Peter.

Comment

• No expert but yes its a she and size would suggest she is adult female. Wether gravid or not being total novice wouldnt know how to tell, dont suppose she will pee on a stick so i can find out! lol
                  Could be interesting if she is but would be surprised as was supplied via the spider store. Would have to do some rapid research on spider midwifery if that happens, not sure i am ready to be the proud father of hundred spiderlings!!
                  I had loose course bark over the substrate and she has tidied this up into piles and webbed over it, her hide she did the same with, cleaned all debris out and webbed it into a nice tidy roll outside, very tidy and industrious T

Comment

• Kn sorry to worry you, I think i got the wrong end of the stick. when you said it has webbed the whole tank out I took this literally, what your talking about sounds like she is just setting up home and usual tank maintenance, sorry for any confusion and enjoy your new pet ,

Mattie

Comment

Hi i am karen, i am new to this site and to the world of spiders, I have one chilli rose..jimmy or jimmyette not sure which.. hoping to learn more and build up my collection with help...
                      sigpic

Comment

• Hi Karen, welcome, you've come to the right site, always lots of help and advice on hand on the forum, and you're off to a good start with a Chilli Rose.

Comment

• thanks, any pointers of where to go next...i would like something impressive looking...easyish to care for...
                          sigpic

Comment

• Hey everyone,

Just thought I'd say a quick hello - I'm Grant and I joined the BTS a few days back.

I'm currently a SH student studying Ecology and Conservation, and just now I am studying harvestmen diversity/ species richness in managed coniferous forests.

I've been into tarantulas for a while, but academically for only about a year or so. Nice to meet you all anyway, I look forward to chatting!

Comment

• Hi Grant, welcome to the forum.

Comment

• Hi people,
                                Welcome to all you newbies...!

My Collection: - Support captive breeding

Comment

Working...
                                X