Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Welcome to all the recent new people, hope you'll find this site a great source of information and encouragement.

Jenny, I'm considering selling my B. albopilosum (Honduran Curly Hair) soon, along with a few others. I've had it since a tiny sling over 2 years ago but I need to reduce and so I'm moving out most of my terrestrials. If you're interested let me know, but if you already have your sights on one then I can confirm these make great starters, hardy and easy to keep. G. rosea are also easy to keep and make perfect starters with only one issue - that of fasting for months or even years - it worries the new keepers so much its probably on every tarantula forum in the world! I have a female of these available too.
    If I had the choice of either I'd have both, and therein lies my problem

Enjoy
    My Collection - Summer 2011

Comment

• Hey Jenny, welcome to the hobby! B.albo is a very nice starter species, hope you enjoy it! Never got into Brachy's myself although I have always wanted an emilia!
      My Collection: - Support captive breeding and responsible sourcing

Comment

• Hello Jenny ! My best greetings from here in Belgium

Comment

• Thanks all for the welcomes everyone. Great site and forum, really informative - just what I need!

Cheers

Jenny

Comment

• Hey ho.

Hello one and all.
            Just thought that I would say hello as I hadn't as yet.

Comment

• Hi Mark, welcome to the forum

Comment

• hello all!!!

I hail from Sunny South Africa - and yes I'm new here (cough - stating the obvious i know)

Anywhoo i have a couple of T's and have discovered that T's are just like potato crisps ...you just always gotta have one more ....

Look forward to reading lots and lots ....

Comment

• Hi Evadne and welcome to the forum

Comment

• Hello All,

I'm lucky enough to be inheriting 4 female adult T's off of a friends mum (she's 73 & had T's since her 40s but can't take them to her new home).

I will have (mid March) a B.Smithi, G.Cala, G.Rosea & A.Bicolouratum.

Have got a nice glass fronted bookcase ready for them with space for 4 more so if all goes well I'll be looking for a G.Pulchra, A.Seemanni, A.Chalcodes & C.Cyaneopubesscens (maybe at the May exhibition? unless some of you tempt me before).

Hope to meet some of you at the lectures/dinner at the end of this month,

Tony

ps I'm in Corsham, Wilts
                    0.1.0 B.smithi "Ruby"
                    0.1.0 A.bicolouratum "Beth"
                    0.1.0 G.porteri "Rita"
                    0.1.0 G.sp.'concepcion' "Zelda"
                    0.1.0 A.chalcodes "Debbie"
                    0.1.0 A.sp.'guatemala blue' "Gracie"
                    0.0.1 C.cyaneopubescens "Vicky"
                    0.1.0 G.pulchra "Betty"

Comment

• Hi Tony, welcome to the forum, I'm sure you will find lots of interest and advice. Looks like you're off to a good start already, but be careful, they're very addictive lol.

Comment

• Thanks for the welcome Linda, I sure hope so. I've just spent the last few hours doing all the amendments to the tarantula keepers guide v3(what a drag) & have started reading the copy of Keeping & Breeding T's I got last week. My daughter is looking 4ward to them coming 2 & the future GBB is for her.
                        0.1.0 B.smithi "Ruby"
                        0.1.0 A.bicolouratum "Beth"
                        0.1.0 G.porteri "Rita"
                        0.1.0 G.sp.'concepcion' "Zelda"
                        0.1.0 A.chalcodes "Debbie"
                        0.1.0 A.sp.'guatemala blue' "Gracie"
                        0.0.1 C.cyaneopubescens "Vicky"
                        0.1.0 G.pulchra "Betty"

Comment

• Tony, nice spiders to start with, and nice spiders to aim for!
                          welcome mate

i'll be at the lectures, will hopefully speak to you there!
                          Returning violence for violence multiplies violence, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars... Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that.
                          -Martin Luther King Jr.

<-Black Metal Contra Mundum->
                          My Collection: - Support captive breeding

Comment

• Hi everybody,

just a quick hello and introduction to you all, have been looking in for a while know but have finally joined up, is a great website.

Ive only been keeping tarantulas since sept, but have been interested in them for years, i have 20 at the mo, with more arriving this week, so am well on my way to addiction lol

Danny

Comment

• Welcome

Welcome to the B.T.S. Forums Danny, All the help you may ever need is in here, and any advice you can give to others is always welcome.
                              My Collection: - Support captive breeding

"If it doesnt kill you, it only makes you stronger"

Comment

• Hi Danny, welcome to the forum, I'm sure you'll find lots on interest, and there's always help on hand should you need it.

Comment

Working...
                                X