Getting Tagged for the first time....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Murinus?

Having had one years ago, your tarantula looks spookily like my old spinifer, or am I out of date? Do they now class them the same, just a colour variation?

Unfortunately I've no pictures small enough as to be allowed to post on here at the moment.

Comment

Rob , you can change the size of them on photobucket and then post them mate

Comment

Bungee on someone's room door
        Attached Files

Comment

It does look like an OBT to me.

Comment

I believe spinifer is an old name for them and it is the same species. Maybe it was before it was classed as a colour variant of P.murinus. Could be wrong.
            Visit our work in progress website here:
            http://www.tarantulabay.co.uk/
            http://tarantulabay.freephpbbforum.co.uk/

Comment

I think so too. Spinifer does not appear in my 1998 book, so I'll assume it is an obsolete term.

However, so it also seems true for grammastola as a taxon. Mostly replaced now by phrixotrichus, but people on here seem to still refer using the old name.

V. Cheeseman, I believe, still uses leblonde on her site. Does anyone have a fool proof and updated list for members to refer to?

Comment

Originally posted by Rob Moore View Post
                I think so too. Spinifer does not appear in my 1998 book, so I'll assume it is an obsolete term.

However, so it also seems true for grammastola as a taxon. Mostly replaced now by phrixotrichus, but people on here seem to still refer using the old name.

V. Cheeseman, I believe, still uses leblonde on her site. Does anyone have a fool proof and updated list for members to refer to?
                Rob
                About as up to date and acurate as you can get

BTS Theraphosidae Gallery

Cheers
                Mark

------------------------------------------------------
                Serious Ink tattoo studio -
                Discounts on tattoo's for BTS members
                My Collection: - Support captive breeding

Comment

Hi Rob, Spinnifer is the old term for P. murinus RCF, also known as an OBT. Hope this helps,
                  sigpicHate is for people who find thinking a little too complicated!

Comment

Thanks Nicola, for being the first to answer my question

Comment

Working...
                    X