Thread: new Poecilotheria tattoo

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default new Poecilotheria tattoo

It only seemed fitting to get a new tarantula tattoo during ArachnoCon week. David Botello of Arte Por Vida (Art for Life) in San Antonio did this P. subfusca on Tuesday and the photo below was taken when it was less than 24 hours old. It's itching and scabbing/healing right now. I'll post another photo once it has healed and the color/pattern has "popped". As instructed, he did it with nice soft edges - no hard outline. He made a stencil from the photo in the back cover of Soren Rafn's Fugleederkopper (photo by Martin Huber), but just started at the bottom and worked his way up instead of doing a complete outline first (see bottom photo and note open book over Dave's shoulder). He used two guns with different size needles and custom-mixed colors.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Tat_3.jpg   Tat_2.jpg  
    Last edited by Michael Jacobi; 26-07-07 at 08:56 PM.
    MICHAEL JACOBI - exoticfauna@gmail.com
    -> Exotic Fauna, The Tarantula Bibliography, ARACHNOCULTURE E-Zine - exoticfauna.com
    -> The British Tarantula Society - thebts.co.uk
    | michael.jacobi@thebts.co.uk
    -> TARANTULAS.com - tarantulas.com

Thumbs up

great tattoo michael very well done and realistic indeed

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Jacobi View Post
    It only seemed fitting to get a new tarantula tattoo during ArachnoCon week. David Botello of Arte Por Vida (Art for Life) in San Antonio did this P. subfusca on Tuesday and the photo below was taken when it was less than 24 hours old. It's itching and scabbing/healing right now. I'll post another photo once it has healed and the color/pattern has "popped". As instructed, he did it with nice soft edges - no hard outline. He made a stencil from the photo in the back cover of Soren Rafn's Fugleederkopper, but just started at the bottom and worked his way up instead of doing a complete outline first (see bottom photo and note open book over Dave's shoulder). He used two guns with different size needles and custom-mixed colors.
    MJ
    Top tattoo, don't forget to post a picture when its fully healed.

Regards
    Mark

------------------------------------------------------
    Serious Ink tattoo studio -Earth Tiger Tour
    Guided trips to Borneo and beyond
    Discounts on tattoo's for BTS members

My Collection: - Support captive breeding

Great tattoo Mike. I think we should have a section in the Journalof the best tarantula tattoos!!!! I'll bring it up at the next Committee Meeting, if I remember!

Smile

I was able to view it first hand at the conference. Very realistic. Almost made me want one. Almost......

Abi Skeet Guest

Thats a fab tattoo. Very well done.Was thinking getting another one of my own not sure a T though lol. Maybe another scorpion

nice tattoo

I'm looking forward to mark doing my second pokie tatt..

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2