Few of my Brachys

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by shaz hagan View Post
    Lovely Spiddys but STILL they would be better living with me haha do you have a male Brachypelma Boehmie?
    I just lost a MM but might have another younger male up there otherwise, Will have to check!
    Nope i dont have a male im afraid , i only have a male smithi and Apophysis

......... and sorry , the brachys want to stay with me
    Last edited by Neil Ashby; 17-02-08, 05:38 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Colin D Wilson View Post
      Very nice Neil, that's a cracking emilia
      Cheers Colin , i waited nearly 2 years for her to moult but she is a cranky cow !!

Comment

Awww Brachy heaven ... thank you for giving me my daily fix in one thread ...

You have some stunning T's
        BTS Member and proud!!

Comment

Will add though i have a very bad reaction the hairs, my skin is now at stage it cracks and bleeds when I'm near them.
          Not too great when its something i like but i wont be beaten
          Sounds like you have a nasty IgE response going on there (same as you get in asthma/excema and other allergic reactions) if it gets really bad you might need a steroid cream from your GP but in the meantime can I recommend a trip to the pharmacy for a decent antihistamine cream to calm the area down then use a good barrier cream before 'going in there' so to speak. I recommend Elizabeth Arden's Eight Hour cream, it is not cheap but goes a long way - it has a consistancy similar to vaseline but is not so slimey and it doesn't smell all girly either, or you could resort to surgical gloves.

Does anyone know of any scientific studies on allregic reactions to hairs? I know of a few regarding the venom but not the hairs - as an immunologist I would be quite interested.

Comment

beautifull brachypelmas you have there shaz

Comment

Originally posted by Tracy Sherwood-Farnfield View Post
              Sounds like you have a nasty IgE response going on there (same as you get in asthma/excema and other allergic reactions) if it gets really bad you might need a steroid cream from your GP but in the meantime can I recommend a trip to the pharmacy for a decent antihistamine cream to calm the area down then use a good barrier cream before 'going in there' so to speak. I recommend Elizabeth Arden's Eight Hour cream, it is not cheap but goes a long way - it has a consistancy similar to vaseline but is not so slimey and it doesn't smell all girly either, or you could resort to surgical gloves.

Does anyone know of any scientific studies on allregic reactions to hairs? I know of a few regarding the venom but not the hairs - as an immunologist I would be quite interested.

Thanks for that hun, i did try once but was a whole body thing and still had to wash it all off after
              Will look out for the liz ardens stuff though always worth a shot.
              And thanks Andy

Comment

I know lots of you have seen them, But thought i would post some here for those who havent
                hi I have a thread ( new to t's ) and I see you keep some that I'm trying to find out about.
                the thing is I'm trying to get info from as many of the owners of the t's on my list to give me and others a better idea to how they are alike and what others can be like.

regards.
                John

Comment

Some stunning brachys in this thread, just amazing!
                  Can anyone tell me what the ceps in albiceps refers to? I know that albo means white, so could it be referring to the pale carapace?
                  My Collection: - Spiders are everywhere, so live with it
                  Ray Gabriel

Comment

Working...
                  X