thought I'd try my luck...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• thought I'd try my luck...

not exactly a best case scenario, but having realised that my sub-male P.metallica was actually a MM (don't ask how I missed it ) i decided to try my luck with my girlie before packing him off for breeding elsewhere...

"ohhh... a new tank to explore"

"hello, what's this over here?"

"pretty lady! dingle, dingle, dingle!"

I'm pretty sure she'll moult out anyway, but nothing lost - I supervised the whole time and he has now been seperated... so, anyone for a MM P.metallica?

My Collection: - Support captive breeding

Well i hope she doesn't moult out for you, be nice to get a few more of these in the hobby....may even consider buying a blue spider myself one day

I know opinions on this vary but i would be inclined to try him a couple of more times before you loan him out.
    I tend to leave the males in with the female for a fairly lengthy time, and have had success (apart from this year which is somewhat poor for some reason)
    Don't forget to learn what you can, when you can, where you can.

Please Support CB Grammostola :- Act Now To Secure The Future

Comment

I'm just a big wuss and am paranoid about them munching each other They did seem to know what they were doing though, so if I'm feeling brave I might stick him back in for a bit has there ever been a report of a male pokie killing a female? this is what I'm most worried about, probably because he seems bigger than her (although his body is smaller than hers, he is much leggier)

My Collection: - Support captive breeding

Comment

Hmm..i've not had a problem with a male attacking a female but i'm sure there will have been cases of this (maybe others will confirm details to help out)
        I have always had quite tolerent pokies when introduced for breeding.
        Don't forget to learn what you can, when you can, where you can.

Please Support CB Grammostola :- Act Now To Secure The Future

Comment

Working...
        X