No announcement yet.

Chaco Region - Argentina

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There are both "specs" in the hobby here, the Paraguayan form seems to be (on my own observations) the most common in peoples collections.

Claudios' name is one i've not heard for a while, is he still involved primarily with Acanthoscurria taxonomics?, i was advised to contact him in the past (mid to late 90's ?) for information regarding some info i needed on this genus.
    Don't forget to learn what you can, when you can, where you can.

Please Support CB Grammostola :- Act Now To Secure The Future

Comment

He is still involved with tarantulas but not as much as he used to be. Maybe he just got tired of taxonomics as it's a never-ending work! I think he lost enthusiasm over the past few years. I wish he would get into it again though, he is a very good person and friend and knows a lot about tarantulas.

best regards,
      Pato-

Comment

That aureostriata is a monster! Beautiful spider.

Comment

Thank you, she really was! RIP- I prey to find them and breed them some day!

Pato-

Comment

thanks for those amazing pics, Patricio...if they are becoming that badly rare in the wild, it's definitely a sad state of affairs...
            i have a couple aureostriata, i think one is what you refer to as real (a gift from Colin!) and another i'm not sure yet.
            that monster female has to be the nicest example i've ever seen though...RIP indeed!
            Returning violence for violence multiplies violence, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars... Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that.
            -Martin Luther King Jr.

<-Black Metal Contra Mundum->
            My Collection: - Support captive breeding

Comment

I'm sure (and hope) they are out there... somewhere, but they are quite rare and difficult to find.
              As I travel often to the Chaco area, some day I know I will find this amazing animal and hopefully breed them in captivity.

Best regards,
              Pato-

Comment

More from Chaco

Acanthoscurria sp. ''musculosa'' . I've found several burrows in a night club parking lot and around a gas station. They were in pretty bad shape. This is a grassland medium size Acanthoscurria sp.
                I also found one juvenile in a kindergarten backyard in a pretty big city, and there were supposed to be more, even adults...which I wasn't lucky to find.

Best regards,
                Pato-

Comment

Working...
                X