• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tarantula v tarantula hawk

Hi everyone, i was wondering if there has been any extended field research
    done on the tarantula's defensive/counter attack success against the
    tarantula hawk wasp?
    Last edited by Alan Richard Holdsworth; 03-03-09, 08:09 PM. Reason: spelling error

Hi,

maybe something to start with:
    • COSTA, F. G., F. PÉREZ-MILES & A. MIGNONE (2004): Pompilid Wasp Interactions with Burrowing Tarantulas: Pepsis cupripennis versus Eupalaestrus weijenberghi and Acanthoscurria suina (Araneae, Theraphosidae). Studies on Neotropical Fauna and Environment **(**): **-** (7 pages).
    • LOURENÇO, W. R. (1979): Un noveau cas de parasitisme de Notocyphus tyrannicus SMITH, sur une mygale: Pamphobeteus sp. Rev. Nordest. Biol. 2(1/2): 97-104.
    • NUNN, S. C. (2001): Spider Wasps In Australia. Forum Magazine of the American Tarantula Society (Net Version) 10(3): 3-4.
    • PASSMORE, L. (1936): Tarantula and tarantula hawk. Nat. Mag. 27(3): 155-159.
    • REGRO, F. N. A. A., C. A. RHEIMS & E. M. VENTICINQUE (2004): Notes on the predation of an aviculariinae spider (Araneae: Theraphosidae, Avicularia sp.) by Pepsis frivaldszkyi (Hymenoptera: Pompilidae) in brazilian amazonia. British Tarantula Society Journal 20(1): 18-25.
    »ARACHNE« – The Journal of the German Arachnology Society

Comment

tarantula v tarantula hawk

Many thanks Martin,
      Although Im an amateur, i've researched various aspects of spider behaviour including the evolutionary struggle between wasp and spider.
      However, my collection of research papers were destroyed in a house fire
      in the 70's.
      Of cousre, it's time consuming as your aware! so Im retired now and taking off where I left off.
      Passmore and Petrunkevitch, Im afraid I found unsatisfactory, especially
      Petrunkevitch.
      The best piece of research I came across was Professor Borrilidae of
      South Africa which I will try and reseach again.
      I've made a written note of the papers you quote and once again,
      thankyou for your kind assistance, Alan.

Comment

Working...
      X