Yamia sp Koh Samui

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yamia sp Koh Samui

2 days after discovering the eggsack...i suddenly have spiderlings!
    she must've been sat on it for a while, but naturelly i didn't bother her...til i thought it had been a bit long for her to be sealed in. didn't even occur to me to think the male who co-habitted with her from sling had visited her! d'oh! and now he's off with Mary, so hopefully they'll be more to come!

anyways, i couldn't be more pleased! no idea on numbers yet, i don't really want to disturb them if it's avoidable, at least til they start dispersing.
    all i can say is it was a good size sac compared to the female. maybe just over half an inch in diameter, going by my dodgy memory.
    Returning violence for violence multiplies violence, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars... Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that.
    -Martin Luther King Jr.

<-Black Metal Contra Mundum->
    My Collection: - Support captive breeding

Well done James

My Collection:

Comment

Congrats James, I have 2 girls for him to visit here, more slings
      spider woman at Wilkinsons

Comment

Excellent mate....the three females i have here have a little chap ready to do some visiting
        Don't forget to learn what you can, when you can, where you can.

Please Support CB Grammostola :- Act Now To Secure The Future

Comment

um...i have another lot of slings and at least one other eggsack!

may be some material for an article here, a few interesting things i have learned!!!
          Returning violence for violence multiplies violence, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars... Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that.
          -Martin Luther King Jr.

Comment

Congrats James, looks like you're going to have the patter of tiny feet.
            My Collection - Summer 2011

Comment

thanks all!
              and yes Peter...already i hear them drumming! could be hundreds!!!
              -Martin Luther King Jr.

Comment

James it would make a very good article, congrats again......

Comment

thanks Mary

hopefully he'll do as well with your females and with Colin's! little legend he is!
                  -Martin Luther King Jr.

Comment

well done james and congratulations on the slings

Comment

cheers Andy! i'll have them with me at the BTS
                      -Martin Luther King Jr.

Comment

i have potted 100 spiderlings...not including the one death so far. think a few more lurking but i won't stress about them til i can fetch them out easily.
                        i've heard rumours this species double clutches, which could explain why i've got so many...was expecting roughly 30 per sac, and there were at least two sacs.
                        -Martin Luther King Jr.

Comment

More to come mate, your male is mated with both of my females now.

Comment

Working...
                          X