Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cyriocosmus bertae - egg sac

Hi All,

At the end of Nov paired 3 females (sourced spidershop as slings approx year ago) with a MM on loan from John Waite.

All paired by putting female's open container into his larger one and leaving overnight, so minimal disturbance (and i can't be hanging around for the 1 - 2 hours these littluns take to mate) but little chance for photos.

1 moulted - and going back in with him now she's ready again.

1 thinking about it - she's gone to ground so i'm hopeful

and one clutching a sac.

Fingers crossed!

(particularly as just before Christmas had 3 perez-milesi females hold a simultaneous midnight sac feast just a couple of days before the due date - ouch! - so i'm tip-toeing round them as i don't want a repeat of this)

All best,

Chris

I'd be interested in a few babies if all goes well please

Comment

Great result chris. hope all goes well

Comment

success!

Hi all,

An update on these.

The moulted female paired again and feeding well - fingers crossed.

The paired female, gone to ground, produced a 'tatty' sac, clutched it for a couple of days then ate it.

The third, with the sac, has held it for 5 weeks - and was very upset when i took it off her tonight. After my perez-milesi failure i've barely been able to wait this long.

I cut a flap, lifted it up and out crawled a littlun. Just moulted by the looks of it. There are plenty more inside from what I can see but none of the others were in a hurry to exit so I've stuck the whole sac in an incubator until they're ready.

Can't wait to see how many are in there.

Thanks for comments - and i'll keep you in mind for when they're good to go.

Chris
        Attached Files

Comment

Well done Chris, great job mate.

Cheers

John

Comment

sac

Well done buddy, great result!

Comment

Well done Chris

My Collection:

Comment

If these are a success Chris and you sell them please can you keep me in mind for a couple please. Best of luck

Comment

Just to wrap this one up - here's a couple of pics post hatch, the first after they had emerged from the sac - 89 in all, the second a week later once they had moulted. They are now feeding on micro-crickets and doing fine.

I'll be in touch with those who've expressed an interest once the weather warms - had a catastrophe posting John's 50% in the cold weather with half arriving dead or dying!

Chris
                  Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                  X