Grammostola Pulchripes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Grammostola Pulchripes

I've been keeping T's for 4 years now and my husband has been for over 20 and this was our first breeding attempt and a first sac for our Pulchripes "Eddie". She was my first T and through her (and here) i met my husband so she's a special lady.

Paired on 6th feb 2011

Dropped on 14th september 2011

Now we have a 40 day wait if all goes to plan but in my mind its been a success just to get this far.

Thanks for looking

Well sac was pulled today as eddie was starting to look very thin and lethargic, we had offered her a couple of crickets and she had nailed them and we were a bit paranoid that if she was that hungry she could eat the sac (it being her first aswell). We think its looking good but more experienced eyes would be welcome.

There is about 535 if them.

Comment

Ooh congratulations! They look beautiful!

Comment

Thank you i'm just really hoping they will start to develop as i was a little afraid they were a bit dry when i opened the sac but would love any input (i had done a lot of research as was planning on breeding last year but we had to postpone it, but it all seems to go out the window when your faced with it head on) there's a first time for everything and i have already learned ALOT from this experience.

Comment

Heh ..sorry but wishing you the best of luck is unfortunately all I can do as I possess no experiance what so ever with breeding. :P But I'm sure you'll manage somehow And there are lots of pph round to ask here so..

Keep ur spirit high and Good luck getting them cuties sprouting legs

Btw.. I'd love to follow the process so if it's not too much of a hassle you think you could post lil about your experiances and future developements?

Comment

Yeah any developments i will post as they happen, although i have been searching everywhere on the net again and i'm a little paranoid that they should be a bit further on but i will just have to wait and see. I'm feeling sorry for mum though as she gas only eaten 1 cricket and it appears she is stiil looking for her babies, if her abdomen wasn't so small i wish i could of left it with her.

Comment

Now i'm a happy lady, 7 of the little ones have sprouted legs today at day 40.

Very very happy now, So excited!!

Thanks

Comment

There's about 25 of them wriggling about now

Comment

we're up to about 70 ewl's now YEY!!

Comment

they have started molting now so hopefully a lot of them will make it

Comment

They began moulting a week ago sunday and are now starting to darken so hopefully wont be long before they moult again.
                      Here are pics from today

Thanks

Comment

How did you get on with these?

Comment

hi quite well i still lost a few more but that was to be expected and are starting to moult for the third time, i'll see if i can find a pic.

Comment

Great stuff.my female is sitting on a sack.been 24 days so far.was going to pull it at 30 days,but I might leave it a bit longer?

Comment

some have moulted since

In all honesty i would leave it till atleast 45 days. Is your female evil

Comment

Working...
                              X