Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Here's Derek!

Hi all, great forum btw.
    Took delivery of my 1st T today, a chile rose by the name of Derek. I'm not sure of the sex but Derek will stick
    Here's a pic

1st thing he did was dive straight into the water dish and have a drink. I tried a couple of crickets but he didn't seem interested so i've taken them out. Is it best to take the uneaten food out?
    I'll do some better pics when our digital camera is charged
    Such a cool spider!

Hello there,

Sorry to say this but your Chilli looks like a female.

It is best to take the uneaten food out..... but it is a must to take the food out while she sheds; something you'll look forward to no doubt.

Cya round

Comment

Damn, might have to think of a new name then
      Yeah i'm looking forward to her molting, she's already 4inches or so, how many more molts before she is fully grown? Or does this vary from spider to spider?

Comment

Mine took 1 moult to get to adult size from about the same size as yours, female chile. She did feed extremely well though.
        And he piled upon the whale's white hump, the sum of all the rage and hate felt by his whole race. If his chest had been a cannon, he would have shot his heart upon it.

Comment

I agree it does look like Derek might be female as its not as leggy as a male would be but that is not enough to go on for a 100% sexing. You need to look between Dereks lungs on the underside of the abdermon to be more sure, your looking for a slit between the top pair of lungs. The only way you can be 100% sure tho is by looking at the inside of the abdermon once Derek has shed its skin, your looking for a D shape that has been rotated 90 degrees clockwise for a female.

Comment

Working...
          X