My spider Aimee - species?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My spider Aimee - species?

We know she is a Pampho - any thoughts on what species?
    I was told she was a chile rose

Thanks

no-one want to help - please any ideas?

Comment

i think it's almost impossible to photo ID a Pampho, i'm afraid. you did get a huge bargain, though...Pampho's are generally pricier by far than Grammostola porteri/rosea.

anywy, this could be alot of things...it's a bit like my fortis, but sp machalla looks quite similar too...might be able to guess at country (Ecuador), but there are a LOAD of species from there... and i've no idea what characteristic is used to separate. if you can get Ray Gabriel's attention, you might be able to send him a skin...i don't know if that's got enough detail on it, but might be enough for a decent guess.
      Returning violence for violence multiplies violence, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars... Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that.
      -Martin Luther King Jr.

<-Black Metal Contra Mundum->
      My Collection: - Support captive breeding

Comment

OK thankyou - ill try and get hold of him when she sheds - we were even going to DNA sample and sequence her but there are no pampho sequences on genbank to compare to - hopefully someone will know what she is.
        Ide like to sell her to someone who will maybe breed her and then i can get a curly
        Some other people said nigricolor or ultramarinus - i know its hard to tell from a photo but it was worth a try

Comment

Working...
        X