Lasiodora parahybana egg sack

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lasiodora parahybana egg sack

I thought my giant female L.parahybana was going to shed, having made a huge hammock for a few days. This morning she is clutching what appears to be an egg sack - her abdomen was enourmous and is now looking saggy. I cant tell if the egg sack is full, it is not round but looks like it has a large volume.

Should I remove it and open it to check? will she eat the eggs?
    Last edited by Mark Pajak; 20-06-13, 08:25 PM.
    See my new blog about Bristol's bug life: Bristol Loves Bugs

Originally posted by Mark Pajak View Post
    I cant tell if the egg sack is full, it is not round but looks like it has a large volume.

Should I remove it and open it to check? will she eat the eggs?

NO !!!! Definitely NOT, leave it alone.
    You cannot just check the sac and expect the female not to eat or desert the eggs.
    Anyone can get adults to mate and a lot of people can get the female to lay an egg sac. Now is the hard part, doing everything right so that she doesnt eat the sac or desert it or that the eggs dont go mouldy or any of the other things that can go wrong.
    I would suggest that you get on the internet and start your research now, not only on LP but on other related species. Pay particular attention to how long the person left the sac with the female, at what temps and humidity etc etc.

Comment

Great, thanks for the advice. The egg sac much be a similar volume to a pool ball.
      See my new blog about Bristol's bug life: Bristol Loves Bugs

Comment

Originally posted by Mark Pajak View Post
        Great, thanks for the advice. The egg sac much be a similar volume to a pool ball.
        It will get larger as the eggs develop further. !

Comment

Working...
        X