Avicularia Amazonica?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Avicularia Amazonica?

hello there iam contemplating on getting a a.amazonica sling from lee and ive done a bit of research on them with not much avail apart from finding there is a lot of mix ups with the avic's.
    so i was wanting to know a couple of things how big can theese actually grow ive heard 9" is that true?
    and how fast do they mature?
    does any one have any experiance with rearing theese and shed some light on it for me?.
    many thanks G.Spencer

Excellent choice and one of my favourite Avics

I received some A. sp. "Amazonica" slings almost two years ago and my biggest female is still a juvenile at only 5.5 inches just now. She is due a moult so will se what size she is afterwards. I also heard about them reaching upto 9 inches legspan but only know of one female that is approx 8 inches. Fabulous spiders and a wee bit feistier than other Avics.

They seem to prefer things a wee bit on the dryer side so I lightly spray only twice a week. That way the substrate is only slightly damp rather than wet. Good ventilation is a must for all Avic species. Great little eaters and as usual I give Avic slings plenty of space to hunt. There seem to be far less fatalities (seems to be a lot less deaths occuring from people call "sudden Avic death syndrome ) with the extra space.
    Last edited by Elaine Ross; 14-11-09, 11:34 AM. Reason: typo's

Give me all your Avics !!!!!

Comment

thank you for that elaine abit fiestier you say do they have an attitude so to speak just the way i like em

Comment

They are a bit unpredictable compared to other Avics. I had a 2 inch amazonica biting the paintbrush during rehousing. That was amusing and unexpected lol.
        I wouldnt say they are defensive/agressive but they do have a character all of their own. One day they may run, next day sit and do nowt, next day they may fight their corner lol.

Fabulous spiders all in all

Give me all your Avics !!!!!

Comment

Working...
        X