Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can you help the BTS, Bristol Zoo, Melbourne Zoo for a New Zealand invert project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can you help the BTS, Bristol Zoo, Melbourne Zoo for a New Zealand invert project

Dear Members
    Bristol Zoo ( my local zoo) have had a request from Melbourne Zoo for help with building up their Theraphosid collection in conjuction with a New Zealnd Invert Project.

In turn Warren Spencer from Bristol Zoo has asked us the BTS to help. Funds are very tight for zoos at the moment especailly Bristol Zoo. So they have asked if the BTS membership or any tarantula group or society to help out.

Here is a list of species they would like, of which they can only import on the permit they have to Austrailia and New Zealand.

Aphonopelma moderatum
    Aphonopelma seemani
    Avicularia urticans
    Brachypelma smithi
    Citharischius crawshayi

Grammastola rosea
    Grammastola pulchra
    Lasiodorides polycuspulatus
    Lasiodorides striatus
    Pamphobetus antinous
    Vitalius platytomma
    Theraphosa blondi

Underlined are the ones they are desperate for, and young adults or spiderlings are whats needed. They must be females and have not been mated.

Bristol Zoo Gardens maintains and defends biodiversity through breeding endangered species, conserving threatened species and habitats and promoting a wider understanding of the natural world.

If anyone can help with this project please contact myself and I will arrange the collection or where to post the tarantulas to.

Regards
    Mark
    Last edited by Mark Pennell; 06-03-07, 07:59 AM.

------------------------------------------------------
    Serious Ink tattoo studio -
    Discounts on tattoo's for BTS members
    My Collection: - Support captive breeding

I can't help with the donation of specimens, but if you have addresses for any donators in the midlands area (or en route to the zoo, i.e. any locations close to the M5), i would be happy to pick up and deliver them myself.

Comment

my chilean rose nymphs have just started moulting into sling's if your interested, although i haven't got a clue which ones are females yet their moults are so small.
      Last edited by tracy dale; 07-03-07, 02:39 PM.

Comment

Tracy - Colin
        Sounds great!... thanks

Just waiting on reply from Bristol Zoo

Hopefully I shall be able to explian a bit more about the plan

All the best
        Mark

Comment

Do they still need a Brachypelma smithi ? I still have a nice (if you like that sort of thing) juv female from Carl and Susan Portmans 2002 breeding. Also comes with a nice captive bred declaration if it is of use.

Email me if it is needed.
          Cheers
          Chris

Comment

Chris
            More than welcome thanks!
            Also everyone just to point out They would like a few of each species if posible.

Anyone donating will be honoured here on this site.

Cheers
            MArk
            Last edited by Kim Pennell; 09-03-07, 08:03 AM.

Comment

Hi Mark I need an address to send it to.
              Cheers
              Chris

Comment

Mark cant promise anything yet I need to talk to Neil first but I might have a few on that list for you. Namely 2 red colour form roasas and two smithi all are small juvs however they are as yet to small to have been sexed without a scope. All 4 have also been captive bred. We may also have some nice normal roasa slings to add to the collection depending how things go with our female.
                Last edited by sarah Smith; 12-03-07, 09:30 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Mark Pennell View Post
                  Dear Members
                  Bristol Zoo ( my local zoo) have had a request from Melbourne Zoo for help with building up their Theraphosid collection in conjuction with a New Zealnd Invert Project.

In turn Warren Spencer from Bristol Zoo has asked us the BTS to help. Funds are very tight for zoos at the moment especailly Bristol Zoo. So they have asked if the BTS membership or any tarantula group or society to help out.

Here is a list of species they would like, of which they can only import on the permit they have to Austrailia and New Zealand.

Aphonopelma moderatum
                  Aphonopelma seemani
                  Avicularia urticans
                  Citharischius crawshayi

Grammastola rosea
                  Grammastola pulchra
                  Lasiodorides striatus
                  Pamphobetus antinous
                  Vitalius platytomma
                  Theraphosa blondi

Underlined are the ones they are desperate for, and young adults or spiderlings are whats needed. They must be females and have not been mated.

Bristol Zoo Gardens maintains and defends biodiversity through breeding endangered species, conserving threatened species and habitats and promoting a wider understanding of the natural world.

If anyone can help with this project please contact myself and I will arrange the collection or where to post the tarantulas to.

Regards
                  Mark
                  Please bring you donations to myself or Kim at the BTS tables at the exhibition. Please note the B, Smithi is now not needed.

Regards
                  Mark

Comment

Anybody in the leicestershire area not going to the show who wants to donate, PM me and i'll either give you my address or come and pick the specimens up and take them to the show for you.

Regards

Colin

Comment

***************bump***************

Comment

Hello mark,
                        i would be very pleased to donate 2 of my rosie's. they where born on the 31-10-05 and i have all shed dates to go with them. i am taking 6 rosies to BTS for sale along with 60 other spids i have for sale but none on your list . you are welcome to come and take a couple also if you would like to you can take some others i have. i would be very proud to know my own spids now live in a zoo.
                        love sonny

Comment

Originally posted by Mark Pennell View Post
                          Dear Members
                          Bristol Zoo ( my local zoo) have had a request from Melbourne and New Zealand Zoo for help with building up their Theraphosid collection for a new Invert Project.

In turn Warren Spencer from Bristol Zoo has asked us the BTS to help. Funds are very tight for zoos at the moment especially Bristol Zoo. So they have asked if the BTS membership or any tarantula group or society to help out.

Here is a list of species they would like, of which they can only import on the permit they have to Australia and New Zealand.

Aphonopelma moderatum
                          Aphonopelma seemani
                          Avicularia urticans
                          Brachypelma smithi
                          Citharischius crawshayi

Grammastola rosea
                          Grammastola pulchra
                          Lasiodorides striatus
                          Pamphobetus antinous
                          Vitalius platytomma
                          Theraphosa blondi

Regards
                          Mark
                          Dear All
                          Can anyone wishing to help with this project please contact me immediately as time is running out for this important project.

Regards
                          Mark

Comment

Offer still stands if you need a delivery boy from around Leicestershire to the Bristol area
                            Don't forget to learn what you can, when you can, where you can.

Please Support CB Grammostola :- Act Now To Secure The Future

Comment

Have they filled all their vacancies yet Mark, or are they still looking?

Comment

Working...
                              X