Citharacanthus crinirufus

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Citharacanthus crinirufus

Hello guys! Does anyone know if this species is available in the UK? If so does anyone know where i could get one from. I would be looking either for spiderlings or subadult females. Thanks in advance.

Hi there,

Only the other day I remarked to a freind that you dont see Costa Rican Blue fronts anymore. I had an adult female a few years ago, mine came from my freind Allan Marrow. I have seen them very occasionaly in exotic pet shops over the years (the last one being marked as Negra Grey???) The only other person I know had them was Ann Webb as I think they were mentioned in her book. Keep your eyes out at the BTS show next year.

Regards

Shot8un

Comment

Thanks mate! Does this species ever show any more Blue colouration than the one in your photo shows? I will deffinately be at the BTS show on the hunt for my Poecilotheria metalica`s. It would be nice for some of us guys and girls to meet up at the show and put some names to faces and maybe have a bevy. What do u think?

Comment

No probs M8, thats what we're all here for.

I noticed that my female only displayed the blue in direct light and the colouring is not as pronounced as you might think. If you want a blue spider there ae definetly better than this. Nice spider though and very handlable... A good sp. is aphonopelma sp. although thay are hard to get hold of. I do belive Guy Tansley had some for sale...Otherwise keep your eyes peeled for a blue front if thats what you want...As for a bevy, check out www.brum-tarantulas.com Im'e sure we'll be meeting for some kind of wee drinkie.

Regards

Shot8un

p.s. guy's email is loftboy@talk21.com

Comment

Hi mate. That is one very nice looking Spider you have there. To be honest i think that i prefer that to the blue front. How big is the spider in that photo. What sort of temperament des she/he have? is it the same as A. seemanni?

Comment

Hi,

I have a mated female s/a male and 5-6 juvs. All from wild caught stock.

They are now known as Aphonopelma crinirufus, and NOT to be confused with the species Guy Tansley has.

There is some light blue around the chelicerae when freshly moulted, but nothing exciting.

Ray

Comment

Would you be willing to sell any of your juveniles if i made you a good enough offer? E-mail me at : dean82@blueyonder.co.uk. Cheers mate.

Comment

Originally posted by angelarachnid
                NOT to be confused with the species Guy Tansley has.
                As Ray states these are completly diferent to the Aphonopelma sp. I have posted as a pic. crinirufus is the true Costa Rican Blue Front.
                The Aphonopelma sp. is undescribed as yet, we are not sure if it is a regional colour veriation of seemanni of a new sp. so treat them as different sp at the moment. Temprament wise they are fine and not as skitish a my seemanni. They are 2.8" leg span at the moment.
                As I said Guy had some for sale. Incedently Ray, do you have any crinirufus for sale at all?

Regards

Shot8un

Comment

Hi Guys,

I am more open to exchanges, at present looking for Avics, and a bunch of males, if all goes well i will have spiderlings for the BTS show

Ray

Comment

If I am correct, shot8un's blue spider may not be the same species that I have for sale as Aphonopelma sp. 'Guatemalan blue'. If I remember rightly, shot8un e-mailed me this pic and asked if I thought it was the same species as it was very blue. The spiderlings I am offering are from an eggsac from a wild caught female so I can guarantee genuine lineage. The 4 adult females I have seen (all imported together) do not have this bright blue colouring and it remains to be seen whether the juveniles/sub adult's will either. The adults may become duller as they mature but again, this is unknown. Spiderlings do have a slight metallic sheen under the right light etc but only time will tell if they resemble shot8un's spider. As shot8un stated, these may turn out to be a colour/regional variation of A. seemanni but I am selling them as labelled to hopefully prevent hybridisation until we know for sure.

The pic of the adult female I have can be seen here http://giantspiders.com/Aphonopelma_sp.html
                    Guy...
                    www.giantspiders.com

Comment

Hi Guys,

Just a quick note to let you know my female A. crinirufus, is webbing up in preperation to amke an eggsac.

All going well spiderlings for the BTS Exhibition and sanctuary.

Comment

Working...
                      X