My new breeding pair of Haplopelma Sp 'Vietnam'

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My new breeding pair of Haplopelma Sp 'Vietnam'

These are my newest acquisition ! A male and female Vietnamese Earth Tiger. The male is evil from what i have gathered so far (he was laid on his back hissing and striking when we homed him ) . Not seen much of the females attitude but i dont think she will be much better but she was easier to transfer into her new home. They are not like any other spider i have kept , as they will have a go at anything and everything (They make H.lividium and H.Minax look like Teddy Bears) . I think they are great!!! And once i have let them settle in for a while im going to have a go at breeding them . Think some armour is called for when i do tho!

FEMALE:

MALE:

My Collection: - Support captive breeding

lovely l ooking couple. good luck with the mating when it comes around

Comment

cheers for that. The female has been a bit subdued, that is until now . I was misting the opposite end of the enclosure from her and she went too have a pop at thin air then let out a hiss which made me jump. Think she is getting settled now. There was also loads of activity last night ( i was up all night watching them) . And she had a cricket. Want them too burrow asap so i can get on with my duties in there enclosures .

Comment

lol... good luck. id love to hear a T hiss in person... seen it on youtube, but up close and personal must sound super

Comment

its really intimidating when they do it with there fangs bared with legs in the air

Comment

I've seen it with my H.Spinifer scorpions before now but never seen a Tarantula do it... was an awesome sight. I'd actually say it can hiss louder than our present snakes do!

Last time i heard something hiss that load was my 11' boa when she refused to go back into her enclosure!

Comment

wow

My good man, you have decided for me! I'm expanding my small but precious collection of T's and was toying between a tiger rump a black earth tiger and a gold earth tiger. After reading this and seeing your pics, there is no toying anymore.
              Also, my favourite local pet shop has 2 females (soon to be 1) so if you need another mate, let me know!!

Comment

Im fully protected against there evil ways now lol. My foot and a half long tongues arrived today and i no longer flinch when they attack!

Comment

Don't forget to still give them the respect they deserve. I've seen spiders run up tongs and up someone's arm, so you still need to be just as careful.

My Collection:

Comment

Dont worry im still ultra vigilant

Comment

Working...
                    X