Haplopalma Lividum Surprise

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Haplopalma Lividum Surprise

A week ago I noticed heat pad for my H.liv had stopped working. I am normally very diligent and check temps regular. Too my shock her tank was at a very low 16C. she was in a near death curl and very unresponsive... I managed to get her out of her burrow, and transferred her into an ICU with a temp of 27C and humidity in the 80s. I put a small water dish in there too and to my heart ache she struugled and hobbled over to it looking in a very sad way... After 4 hours of her face burried deep in the water I checked on her. As i removed the top of the tank, she lept up out of the water and nearly had me.. Very big threat display and slapping at any noise i made... And then this morning she had come out of her burrow and did this for me......
    Click image for larger version

Name:	imge001.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	44.6 KB
ID:	96181
    she has normally done it away from prying eyes, so it was a treat (just a pitty I never caught it on cam, but I am sure she wanted me too )

Moral of the story.... Lee check temps more often !!!! You might not be so lucky next time!
    Last edited by Lee Corless; 23-09-11, 03:59 PM. Reason: did not like position of picture.
    “The spider's touch, how exquisitely fine! Feels at each thread, and lives along the line”
Working...
X