Thrixopelma cyaneolum/Sericopelma melanotarsum

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thrixopelma cyaneolum/Sericopelma melanotarsum

I could not help chuckling at the Google translation of a German web page when trying to find info on Thrixopelma cyaneolum:

'The always slightly moist soil should be filled about 10 cm high, around the rather small grave need of the kind, and to receive!'

'Bombardier is one of the spiders, bombed but, if at all, only in exceptional cases severe. A moderate eater! Particular attention should be paid to Spider Lingen. Thus, the animals tend already in the 1st
    FH
    to decimate each other, on the other hand, when looking at the breeding to always moderate moisture because the boys dehydrate very quickly! Baiting with springtails, woodlice or white Mikroheimchen!'

Hidden in there though is some good advice, as a highland species I am interested in acquiring one as I have an area in the flat that stays a more constant temperature just a little way from the heat source I use for the other spiders. This will fluctuate typically between 20-22 celsius in the day to about 16 celsius at night. I aslso understand that the soil does not need to be too moist, much the same for most Grammastola species.

I understand that Sericopelma melanotarsum can be kept at similar temperatures but a bit more on the damp side.

Anybody keeping these at the moment?
Working...
X