Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 23

Thread: What a transformation

Rather than starting a new thread, I though I'd continue with this one. Hope no-one minds

Since we moved house and had Olivia, I've not really been giving Gloria (nee Smiffy) as much attention as I used to. By that, I mean gawping at her all the time. The other night I took a look before heading to bed and low and behold, the bald patch had turned black. I had noticed her rubbing her abdomen slowly the other day on her current favourite spot. Is this a usual behaviour? Laying down hairs as some sort of tarantula type carpet?

Anyway, as this is a pix part of the forum, here are the current pre-moult pictures.

I hope I'm not getting my hopes up too high, but if the change is as beautiful as it was just under two months ago, I cannot wait.

p.s. I'll update as soon as I can, but I'm having real problems with my laptop and with my broadband. GGggrrrrrrrrr!!!!!!
    Gloria my little Brachypelma smithi.

Gloria? What's that about?

Ice Cube is like yours right now, except mine hates cameras, the tank being opened and say for instance if I knocked against the bookshelf by accident, even just a little bit to create a noticeable vibration he/she runs into its hide.

It's eating very well though, and is very vicous. I think it's going to moult soon too though!
    Li'l' Ice Cube the Brachypelma Smithi!!! (As of 13/05/08 !!) But, I'm still gonna refer to it as Ice Cube!
    Pyro the Brachypelma Auratum!!!!!!!!!!

Many, many thanks Louise!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Some of the kind members here decided Smiffy was in fact a her. I got a great (ish) picture of the underside and those kind members helped me vent sex by tarantula. I decided Smiffy wasn't such a feminine name and my wife alwyas called it Gloria, so that name stuck.

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Ferguson View Post
    Some of the kind members here decided Smiffy was in fact a her. I got a great (ish) picture of the underside and those kind members helped me vent sex by tarantula. I decided Smiffy wasn't such a feminine name and my wife alwyas called it Gloria, so that name stuck.
    Kl, well that's fair enough!
    Li'l' Ice Cube the Brachypelma Smithi!!! (As of 13/05/08 !!) But, I'm still gonna refer to it as Ice Cube!

Default More colouration

Here is Gloria's latest colouration.

Compare it to the first pic in this thread.

looks lovely. reminds me so much of mine not 5 months ago. mine must only be one moult ahead of yours

That's wicked. I can't wait till Pyro moults and hopefully Ice Cube will too (I think the time's coming for IC, but for Pyro, it definitely is!).

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 23