Avicularia metallica success!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Avicularia metallica success!

Hi folks. I'm rather thrilled to announce my first breeding success with 100 A. metallica slings alive and well. The real success is definitely attributed to Alex Smith but as its the first result from a number of males that I've sent out I'm rather pleased and encourage with the result.
    The male came indirectly from Hamm, I believe from Eric Stoic (sp?) and as the Avics seem a little up in the air we attempted to get as good an ID as possible and have Ray to thank on a visual ID, I think I need to buy this man a beer.

Now, the big question. Should I keep them communally for the first couple of moults or pot them up into film pots?[/URL]
    Last edited by Peter Lacey; 21-01-09, 11:39 PM.
    My Collection - Summer 2011

hi there peter,
    Firstly id like to say gratz on the breeding of the avics, i have only the 1 a.metallica thats roughly 6cm now & am hoping it turns out to be female in the future but only time will tell.Do i take it this is your first sucessfull breeding experience ?
    I have recently bread the Chille rosea rcf got 2 females & 1 male but it seems only 1 may have taken as my oldest female just shed so definately not worked on her.The other though is now getting quite plump but im told these can take quite some time for any sign of an egg sack.How long did it take roughly from putting your 2 melallica's together to seeing the eggsack ? This is just a general question i know deifferent species have different times but it would be very interesting to know these things as im still rather new to the hobby.(Got rather large collection though lol).

Comment

Thanks Pete for starting this thread-and thanks also to Ray Gabriel.I had a couple of late nights potting these up.I haven't passed on to Pete any of the breeding details yet so I will attempt to answer your question.Male and female were mated just once on: 18th Oct 08.and the male was removed straight away and not left with the female.
      The sac was discovered fri 12th Dec 2008 so, eight weeks from mating to sac discovery.

Smith.spider

Comment

Congrats Pete and Alex
        Proud owner of 100+ Beautiful T's and other pets

Comment

Thanks Leanne,all doing well.

Smith.spider

Comment

Originally posted by alex smith View Post
            Thanks Leanne,all doing well.
            Great Alex

I've got half a sac of Cambridgei's with Mary, and hopefully a gravid L.Parahybana here. My first matings

Comment

L.Parahybana 50/50 with Mary also btw

Comment

Think we may pull camb tomorow Leanne
                spider woman at Wilkinsons

Comment

I bought 2 of these Avics

Ooooodles of slongs Mary

Comment

bit late with this one too, but congrats Pete and Alex!
                    if it emerges my female is the same species for sure, i'll be ready and waiting for a male from that lot!
                    Returning violence for violence multiplies violence, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars... Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that.
                    -Martin Luther King Jr.

<-Black Metal Contra Mundum->
                    My Collection: - Support captive breeding

Comment

Working...
                    X