Cyclosternum pentalore

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cyclosternum pentalore

a Cyclosternum pentalore i purchased in Nov/Dec 2007 as a juvenile, and matured as a male a few months back has finally had his shot at glory!
    after he matured, i ended up purchasing a female from Lee at the spidershop.
    initial attempts failed, and it emerged that she needed a moult.
    i finally paired them tonight. after a good long wait, he finally started approaching her, so i let them be. he disappeared into her hide and i couldn't see what was happening.
    he started backing out and it emerged she was flipped over so i have every confidence he got in there.
    sadly, in the ensuing scuffle (she was angry!) he lost a pedipalp. however, he escaped with his life.
    will keep you up to date on further developments...Lee tells me it takes roughly two weeks for this female to drop, so shouldn't have to wait long!!!
    Returning violence for violence multiplies violence, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars... Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that.
    -Martin Luther King Jr.

<-Black Metal Contra Mundum->
    My Collection: - Support captive breeding

Good luck with this James, updates welcome as usual
    Don't forget to learn what you can, when you can, where you can.

Please Support CB Grammostola :- Act Now To Secure The Future

Comment

Good luck James love
      spider woman at Wilkinsons

Comment

thanks Mary and Colin
        Returning violence for violence multiplies violence, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars... Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that.
        -Martin Luther King Jr.

Comment

good luck james, fingers crossed you get a healthy egg sac

Comment

Any new developments with this James?
            https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gsk0nYunjmk&t=8s

Comment

sadly it doesn't look like the male succeeded. it's now been nearly a month and she hasn't shown any signs of gravidity.
              also, i found the male dead recently, so i can't try again.
              oh well, guess that's how it goes!
              -Martin Luther King Jr.

Comment

Only just seen this mate what a shame eh! best of luck in trying again x

Comment

oh definitely will give it a go in the near future, i am sure! she is not going anywhere, so could just see if others want to risk their males to a very nasty female in the slim hope of a few slings lol
                  nevermind, just how it goes! i had the male for a couple years nearly, and he matured a few months back, so i had some good time with him!
                  -Martin Luther King Jr.

Comment

well, i took her to Wes Flower to mate with his male.
                    i had been busy so had to pack all i was taking in a hurry and didn't look too closely.
                    got to his said, i have this pentalore for mating... he said, no you don't! she already has a sac!!!
                    so...success?!?! bit longer than i expected but there you go!
                    will update when/if slings emerge or she eats it! hopefully the former of those three choices obviously
                    -Martin Luther King Jr.

Comment

congratulation james , hope all goes wel with the sac

Comment

Working...
                      X