• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what sex?

can you tell the sex????????

thanks

'A Woman's Prayer:
    Dear Lord, I pray for: Wisdom, To understand a man , to Love and to forgive him , and for patience, For his moods. Because Lord, if I pray for Strength I'll just beat him to death'

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I feel sorry for people who don't drink. When they wake up in the morning thats as good as their going to feel all day.

No not without an exo.

Comment

see i thought that too but someone said post a pic
      of underneath it and we can tell.

thanks
      'A Woman's Prayer:
      Dear Lord, I pray for: Wisdom, To understand a man , to Love and to forgive him , and for patience, For his moods. Because Lord, if I pray for Strength I'll just beat him to death'

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I feel sorry for people who don't drink. When they wake up in the morning thats as good as their going to feel all day.

Comment

Originally posted by potnoodle393
        see i thought that too but someone said post a pic
        of underneath it and we can tell.

thanks
        Hi
        Ok Ventral sexing is pretty dam hard, there are those who are very good at it, I am not one, I prefere sexing by cast exuvium, this is a more accurate and reliable way to sex your spiders.

Saying that and I have a 50/50 chance being right I would say female.

Regards
        Mark

------------------------------------------------------
        Serious Ink tattoo studio -
        Discounts on tattoo's for BTS members
        My Collection: - Support captive breeding

Comment

lol, thanks. just what i was hoping for.
          'A Woman's Prayer:

Comment

Looks female to me as well but without a exoskin I cant be 100% sure.

Comment

I'd guess female too.
              Guy...
              www.giantspiders.com

Comment

WHAT SEX

Having gained the BTS Diploma in sexing theraphosids some years ago under the tutelage of the great John Hancock, I always stick by the golden rule. The only TRUE way to sex the spider (unless the obvious things like tibial spurs are on show!!) is to examine the shed skin (exuvium).
                I can do this with 100% certainty and no guesses. Don't be fooled by what some people say merely by looking at it.
                Now I know there are some clever people out there, and people who know much more about theraphosids than I ever will, but I will never change my advice as it has always worked for me.

Get the shed skin examined - and know for sure.

Comment

I agree with Carl. I know some people can do it but I will leave it to them and most of them will say its not 100%.

Comment

Agrees with Carl, Ventral veil sexing is never a reliable way to go.

Comment

Working...
                    X