Chilean Rose

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chilean Rose

Does it depend on which part of Chile they come from as to what level of humidity they like ?

Could I ask any other C.Rose owners what level of humidity they maintain

I always increase humidity around moult.

Thanks in advance
    Neil & Jacqueline

It makes no sense to worry about things you have no control over because there's nothing you can do about them.

Hi Neil,

Obviously country (or in this case, area) of origin should be used as a guide for setting up the correct environment but this isn't always possible - do you have exact locational data? Even then the conditions the spider experiences will be different from anything you can find out (spending their lives underground where conditions will be quite different from those above ground).

G. rosea will thrive in a drier environment, an open water dish and a retreat in the form of a peice of cork bark or half a flower pot for example.

Hope this helps
    Guy...
    www.giantspiders.com

Comment

cont

Thanks Guy

I thought she looked uncomfortable after moult until I removed the very damp substrate.
      Neil & Jacqueline

It makes no sense to worry about things you have no control over because there's nothing you can do about them.

Comment

Mine always sulks if her substrate is too damp. I just leave it bone dry now with a water dish and a plantpot to hide in. Has served her fine for over a year now.
        And he piled upon the whale's white hump, the sum of all the rage and hate felt by his whole race. If his chest had been a cannon, he would have shot his heart upon it.

Comment

substrate

Originally posted by Neil Richardson
          Mine always sulks if her substrate is too damp. I just leave it bone dry now with a water dish and a plantpot to hide in. Has served her fine for over a year now.
          What are you using for substrate Neil ?
          Neil & Jacqueline

Comment

Just plain garden peat, no additives or fertilizer.
            And he piled upon the whale's white hump, the sum of all the rage and hate felt by his whole race. If his chest had been a cannon, he would have shot his heart upon it.

Comment

cont

Siefer moulted on New Years Eve and today the 10th she has just taken her first B.Crickets
              Neil & Jacqueline

Comment

Working...
              X