Housing tarantulas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Housing tarantulas

Hi im trying to find out if anyone knows of any places I can get good quality glass tanks/vivs?. I am trying to extend my tarantula collection but have been advised to buy a custom made viv, so I could keep 4-6 tarantulas inside on one heatmat instead of using individual heatmats?. Does anyone know of any places that sell these. Thanks. Gizza. I'm also looking for a female red knee smithi, and a salmon pink female?.

Hi Gizza,

It might be helpful if you could tell us where you are located?

Someone whom instantly springs to mind is 'Custom Aquaria' located in Northamptonshire. I don't think they deliver, but you can give them a call on 01933 356894

Just be careful using tank dividers for obvious reasons! It might be better to have a large 'heated' tank, and then several smaller tanks within it.

Also, have a look on the Bulletin Board for Tarantula sales (I think there was a couple of female L.parahybana avaiable within the last two weeks).

Cheers,
    Adam.
    Arachnophiles & Forum!

Comment

Thanks adam
      i live in southampton by the way.

Comment

Why the need to have to get a custom Tank made ???

You could just do what most of us do.

Get yourself a cheap cabinet or a wardrobe. Put soem shelfs in it fix some large heat pads up the side and hay preto instant heated cabnet and you can keep lods of T's in there depending on the size.

All I have is a walk in wardrobe that I fitted a sliding door too and fixed hear pads to the wall. as for keeping them I just keep all mine in plastic tanks and cerial tubs

Visit my web site @ http://www.gwrightstarantulacare.co.uk

Comment

Mine live in a variety of tupperware containers, and plastic pet-pal style tanks.

Only glass tanks are for the p.fasciata, and my a.geniculata.
          And he piled upon the whale's white hump, the sum of all the rage and hate felt by his whole race. If his chest had been a cannon, he would have shot his heart upon it.

Comment

Near you In Portsmouth there is a shop called South Coast Exotics. They sell some of teh custom aquaria tanks but poss not what your looking for. Good luck in your search.

Comment

Originally posted by G Wright
              Why the need to have to get a custom Tank made ???

You could just do what most of us do.

Get yourself a cheap cabinet or a wardrobe. Put soem shelfs in it fix some large heat pads up the side and hay preto instant heated cabnet and you can keep lods of T's in there depending on the size.

All I have is a walk in wardrobe that I fitted a sliding door too and fixed hear pads to the wall. as for keeping them I just keep all mine in plastic tanks and cerial tubs
              I agree..

I've been a proponent of 'super-enclosing' myself for a long time..

It's much better than trying to maintain a micro climate in each tank.
              and more efficient in the use of heat mats and humidity .. it also allows you to increase the ventilation of each enclosure which everyone would agree is only for the best.

here's what I made for the time being..

my humidity booster is left over from my herping days.. if you look closely at the photo you'll see a large pickle jar with a submersable Aq. heater it adds some heat and moisture..

my ultimate plan is to buy some industrial shelving and enclose the entire thing with thermostatically run heaters etc.
              "My friends, my children, my teachers, my loves.
              There is no guilt, there is no blame, only what is meant to be...
              Pa'u Zotah Zhaan

Comment

Working...
              X