Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ephebopus murinus

heya all ...

I rehoused my Ephebopus murinus maybe 1 month and half ago, and I prepared her a nice pre-made burrow ... did'nt offer other hide as they're bull dozer, but she did something that I cannot understand about 3 week,s ago

she went out of its burrow, to build a little .... hole, and she hide there ... in a corner of the tank, in just a little hole in the substrate, very bad hide

im wondering why she left its nice and deep burrow for a very poor hide

Maybe theres a problem with the pre-made burrow ?

heres its burrrow that I started for her I tought she was gona continu it

CedriKirdec

Kirdec Tarantula's

CedriKirdec

Kirdec Tarantula's

Comment

i've got an idea ... maybe the burrow in vertical is just not good for this terrestial specie
      CedriKirdec

Kirdec Tarantula's

Comment

Are there any environmental differences where the new burrow is, when compared with the original;

Distance from the original?
        Differences in temp/humidity?
        Diameter?
        Light intensity?
        How else does the new burrow differ?

Who knows, perhaps she(?) just fancied a change of scenery
        Arachnophiles & Forum!

Comment

the only other possibility I can see is the light density, because the burrow is on the wall, but I think that my idea on the vertical burrow got sens

distance from each hide, 30 cm ...
          CedriKirdec

Kirdec Tarantula's

Comment

Originally posted by Kirdec
            but I think that my idea on the vertical burrow got sens
            True, it is perhaps easier to crawl in and out with a slight incline than a vertical. It's probably safer too, if the burrow were to collapse.
            Arachnophiles & Forum!

Comment

I would not worry to much about it my blue fang did the same thing but in time decided to use the burrow. I would personally have the burrow at a slant though as this genus ( well the ones I have) seem to prefer this burrow type. I found that mine also prefer their burrows to be round entrances, I started my first pre made burrow off like you have and it got rejected. Now days I get a couple of biro pens and use them to create the burrow by putting the peat around them tightly so it wont move or colapse. I use about a 45 degree angle with the pens to create the burrow and I take it right down to the bottom of the tank.

Comment

Working...
              X