PLEASE HELP!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PLEASE HELP!!!!

Hi please help me I've not long ago opend my egg sac of chilobrachys huahini and have eggs with legs. I have found quite a few infertial ones but a lot of eggs with legs. I have them in an incubator and role them every day and the humidaty is okay but some not all seem to stick to each other but look okay. I was just worrying about if any dead eggs or healthy touch each other thay will go bad. All so some of my eggs with legs seem to be going a blackish color are thay getting ready to go to first insert or do I frow them a way. will my eggs be okay on top of one or other. Becouse thay are in the egg sac and when I say there sticking to gether I mean when I move some not all thay all seem to be slightley attatched and some seem attracted all most to the dead or infertial eggs like I will try and move a infertial egg thats going bad and there heads all seem to be attatched to it like there eating it. PLEASE HELP ME I've breed spiders befor but never have I taken the eggs out of the sac this early so I have no idea whats going on. All so how long will it be befor thay turn in to spiderlings thanks james tack.
    james tack

Hiya James.

First up, what you need to do is tear the sack appart. Get all of the eggs (unless attached to the sack itself) off it and into the incubator on their own. DO NOT force eggs off the sack, if they dont roll off, it's more than likely stuck, and removing it will possibly/probably kill it.

If there are attached eggs, put the sack back in the incubator, but seperatly.

Doing this will make life an awful lot easier. Remove any black eggs first. If they are just a dull brown, leave them for now, but make sure they don't touch any others incase they are indeed, bad eggs. Good eggs stuck to bad ones are best left alone, seperatly from the others with the sack. They can moult and become freed, or they can die. It's as simple as that really.

Darkened eggs with legs could be either coming up to another moult into N2, or could be them going bad. Best to leave them in but keep an eye on them.

If they are coming up to their N2 moult, i'd say you'll have slings in 3-4 weeks, but depends on the SP really.

No matter how many you get, for someone of your age and experience, a succesful sack is something to be very proud of.

Good luck rearing the slings!

Comment

thanks james

Hi james thanks for your help I've been going mad. I've been creeping around my room for the last 2 months trying not to disturb my mated spiders. I once tride breeding my king baboon and got egg sac but she ate it so I dont wont to stuff this up chilobrachys are the best and I no as soon as the get to spiderlings Ill be fine. Every spider I own exept a few have all been rased by me. Thanks for your help I will keep you informnd on what happens. ps the h.villosella you sent me is doing fine if you have male please let me no. thanks james tack :P :P
      james tack

Comment

Hi

Hi my chilobrachys huahini eggs with legs have shed in to 2 insert and I was just wondering if I have to feed them or if I should wait until they shed in to spiderlings thanks james.
        james tack

Comment

Working...
        X