Mites?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mites?

Hello all, I have recently noticed the tiniest white specks in my Tarantulas water dish, only a few, but they appear to be moving and jumping. Are these mites as I have searched the forums and no pics seem to be avaliable. They don't appear to be affecting my T's but should I be worried. My substrate is very much on the dry side as I don't mist and apart from a water dish which is spilled occasionally when filling I don't moisten.
    I would just like some advice really on what my next move should be.
    Thanks
    Ray

Do they look anything like these?
    Arachnophiles & Forum!

Comment

They dont really look like those unless those are adult ones. It's quite difficult without being able to see how big they are compared to something to put them in perspective. They are not really much bigger than . < that full stop but at that size it's not really possible to see any legs like in the photo.
      Thankyou
      Ray

Comment

Originally posted by Arachnophiles
        Do they look anything like these?
        I had those. At first I thought they were mites; they were tiny, but closer inspection revealed booklice-like tiny creatures. What I did was bleach out the water dish and kept it bone dry on the outside, and I never saw them since. Make sure you rinse the dish well until there is no smell of bleach left. I would also advise changing the substrate and sterilising the whole tank, as I did eventually. Better to be safe than sorry.

Hope that helps,

~Chris

Comment

i would never use bleach in a T's water dish.hot water is fine and at no risk to your T.you need to ventilate your enclosure more,it works with mine.

Comment

Working...
          X