delivery of tarantula through post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• delivery of tarantula through post

Had spider delivered this morning and it is not moving but doesn't look dead(i.e its legs are not tucked underneath) Can it be due to the cold weather and if so would it have moved by now

Hi
    It has been extremly cold just lately and posting at this time of the year is asking for trouble.

OK keep it warm, and watch for any signs of movement. It might just pull through. I hope it does

All the best
    Mark

------------------------------------------------------
    Serious Ink tattoo studio -
    Discounts on tattoo's for BTS members
    My Collection: - Support captive breeding

Comment

Re: delivery of tarantula through post

Originally posted by jackedarby
      Had spider delivered this morning and it is not moving but doesn't look dead(i.e its legs are not tucked underneath) Can it be due to the cold weather and if so would it have moved by now
      did it have a heat pack with it as this time of year if anything must be posted it should ahve a heat pack with it.

If it didn't then thats carlessness on behalf of the person who sent it too you

Visit my web site @ http://www.gwrightstarantulacare.co.uk

Comment

How's the T doing?

A bit late now I suppose, but by what you are describing, it is just sluggish after the cold weather.

I had a T delivered a couple of days ago, it was posted with a heat pack, but it was still very sluggish on arrival. I left it totally alone in a warm room for good few hours, it then settled in and actually fed that evening (surpirsed me a bit as I just tried as I was feeding the others anyway)

Howard

Comment

The temps (up here anyways) are dropping to -7 at night and the ground is covered with frost. Even with heat packs I think its really a bad idea to send any T just now!!

Comment

Working...
          X