Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A. geniculata moulting

Hi

My geniculata's abdomen has been a solid black (not getting any darker, just staying the same, completely black) for about 2 weeks now. I have stopped feeding it, is this fine, or should I keep feeding?
    How long before the tarantula moults? On its last moult she only took a week between its abdomen darkening and her flipping over to moult.
    She has become very inactive lately, so I've only opened her lid to top up water and mist the substrate.
    Comments on experience with moulting geniculata's?

Thanks
    HitokiriSessha

Re: A. geniculata moulting

Originally posted by HitokiriSessha
    Hi

My geniculata's abdomen has been a solid black (not getting any darker, just staying the same, completely black) for about 2 weeks now. I have stopped feeding it, is this fine, or should I keep feeding?
    How long before the tarantula moults? On its last moult she only took a week between its abdomen darkening and her flipping over to moult.
    She has become very inactive lately, so I've only opened her lid to top up water and mist the substrate.
    Comments on experience with moulting geniculata's?

Thanks
    HitokiriSessha
    HI
    sounds like the moult could be any day now, i would not feed it until a couple of weeks after it has moulted as food will likely be refused and if left in the tank could distress the spider.
    regards
    phil
    www.thetarantulastore.net

Comment

I would second what Phil says and just add that as spiders get bigger the whole moulting process, from pre-moult (as yours is), actual moulting to resuming feeding post moult, takes progressively longer.

The same applies to the length of time between moults.

Comment

What i've found from my genic, is that she prefers to moult outside her lair. Gives a rare opportunity to watch an entire moult from start to end.
        And he piled upon the whale's white hump, the sum of all the rage and hate felt by his whole race. If his chest had been a cannon, he would have shot his heart upon it.

Comment

Working...
        X