A less silly question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A less silly question

Yes, another question, though less silly this time.

I must admit I’m in a new league with my new T’s my Costa-Rican Zebra might have been a bit skittish and my Chilie Rose might have had his off days, but they weren’t like my Pokie.

Basically I’m thinking of tank maintenance and such like. My Blondi at the moment is a sweetie who hasn’t flicked hairs at me (yet) and with a little encouragement manoeuvred herself into a 1 litre jug for transferring her to her new tank and for me to take photos. My P. Regalis however is greased lightening with a temperament that makes me very cautious (if it’s in my tank I’m going to jump on it). I tried manoeuvring her into a pint glass, so I could rearrange the tank slightly and check for bits of crickets, but she wasn’t having it and performed some remarkable acrobatics before deciding that the threat came from above and heading up the side of the glass towards me. She wasn’t scared; she was just irritated and intending to do something about the idiot who was nudging her at long range. I’m not expecting love and cuddles, but how do people cope when working in a tank when you’ve got a spider like this?

Any tips and tricks are most welcome,

Phil

I usually coax mine into a cricket tub. Get them to stand on the side of the tank, put a tub over them so they can't run away and carefully slide the lid of the cricket tub underneath.
    And he piled upon the whale's white hump, the sum of all the rage and hate felt by his whole race. If his chest had been a cannon, he would have shot his heart upon it.

Comment

Yup, I know how you feel lol!!

A While back I had an idea that Has ended up being the only way I can safely move a fast or agressive T. Youl Need a......
      Clear Plastic Tube , large enough to contain a spid and small enough to slide into your tank or what ever home you have.

A bit of tape and a bit of cardboard. I use gutter guards that i got from B&Q

A length of wire.

This is a picture of the one I made to move my Pokies.
      Place tube near to Spid ( Fake One in use, No Spid was Hurt during the Making of this Tutorial.. Honest)

Using a wire Lure, I mimick (with true acuracy lol) a moths movment to entice the hungry fellow into the tube. ("He Just wiggles it a bit" they yell)

Once inside (usually with a flaring burst of speed), you can carfully remove the wire. The Spid will try to reach the top of the tube but it is blocked, (so no holes in fingers and Spid is safe from the flavour of last nights curry on your hands)

Let out a sigh of releaf that nobody is injured.

You are now safe to go about the task of refubishment to its home safe in the knowledge that you wont get pounced on.

To release your pet, simply open one end of the tube and place it back into your tank and the spid will find its way back out into the open within an hour or so allowing you to remove the tube safely.

I hope this helps and sorry if anyone is on 56K

All the best......Mike (Skitch2)

Comment

that was so funny great idea by the way....

Comment

wow...

Wow......^_^

Its like Blue Peter.

Comment

lmao

Comment

Very funny
              Can we expect any more pictorial tips? Hope so!
              Btw, it was a useful tip.

Cheers, Mike.

Comment

Love the idea, but I don’t think I can do the facial expressions as good as you...are they compulsory?

Many Thanks,

Phil

Comment

lol Yea if ya dont do the faces it wont work.

Comment

Working...
                  X