Lobster Roaches

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lobster Roaches

Does anyone know of a stockist in the UK that would supply a starter colony of lobster roaches? I've been reading about them on the interweb, and they do sound like an easier foodsource than endless crickets.

Does anyone have experience using / breeding the roaches for food as well?

Thank you.

Neil
    And he piled upon the whale's white hump, the sum of all the rage and hate felt by his whole race. If his chest had been a cannon, he would have shot his heart upon it.

saw this hope it helps

Comment

Hi Neil,
      Visit the member's section of this website and download this issue of the journal (I think it's still there):

August 2004, Vol. 19 No. 4.
      I wrote an article about keeping & breeding lobster roachs.

Unfortunately I can't offer you a starter culture. I've over-used my culture and it needs to build-up again - also had an infestation of Steatoda grossa which were helping themselves to livefood

Cheers,
      Richard

Comment

Thanks, i'll take a look at both of them.
        And he piled upon the whale's white hump, the sum of all the rage and hate felt by his whole race. If his chest had been a cannon, he would have shot his heart upon it.

Comment

Hiya Neil. Its something I have finally decided is a must in our household. I have been looking at Blaptica dubia for feeders as they dont climb. Has anyone got any pro's or con's as to why either of these are better?

Comment

What are Steatoda grossa ?

Comment

Link says

Dark Comb-footed Spider

Comment

*runs*

Still a non T spider wimp

Comment

Big thanks to Layla for providing me with a contact email, and thank you to Mark Warner for providing the starter colony.

If anyone needs any roaches, drop me a PM and i'll give you Mark's contact details.

Neil

Comment

Np's Neil. I too dealt with Mark got 80+ Blaptica dubia from him and they are in great condition.....can roaches be in a bad one? lol.
                    Anyways let the breeding commence and the food bills finish (eventually)

Comment

At the same time we bought a few from Virginia Cheesman. (Before we heard from Mark) Here is a couple of pics to show a few of them from both sellers.

I thought I was gonna be a bit freaked by them but erm they are quite nice really!

Comment

Working...
                      X