P.regalis.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• P.regalis.

I'm looking for some advice.My Indian is about 4-5 inches and due to moult AGAIN!!!!!!!.I've had it for 4 months and it has moulted 4 times is this normal.this moult will be it's 5th.This particular spider only has 2-3 crickets between moult's.I have read that they grow quickly but should it be this quick.I would appreciate any advice cheers Mike.
    We are judged not by our words but by our actions.

Our P.Fasciata was similar. It never seemed to go pre-moult. We'd feed it once a fortnight, and it never had a phase of not eating. It would just suddenly decide to moult.

Went from 4" in April 05, to 6.5" in October in 3 moults.

From an article in the last journal, i believe Ray Gabriel had a regalis that matured from egg to adult male in under 1 year!
    And he piled upon the whale's white hump, the sum of all the rage and hate felt by his whole race. If his chest had been a cannon, he would have shot his heart upon it.

Comment

Ok,I'll have to read that article.thanx for advice
      cheers Mike

Comment

It was the article before last. Vol 20 No 4 is the one you want i believe.
        And he piled upon the whale's white hump, the sum of all the rage and hate felt by his whole race. If his chest had been a cannon, he would have shot his heart upon it.

Comment

I'll have to view in the net as I'm a new member with only one journal

I appreciate the advice.

cheers Mike

Comment

Hi Mike, although P.regalis do moult quickly it sound as if you have a sub adult male on your hands. In the wild male tarantulas grow quicker than the females and therefore reach sexual maturity before their siblings thus avoiding interbreeding. Clever old girl Mother Nature!
            British Tarantula Society - Join today safe and secure online

[B]
            The 29th BTS Annual Exhibition
            On
            [B]Sunday 18th May 2014[B]

Comment

Ah ok.I'll have to put him up for breeding when he's mature.
              Thanx for the advice Ray,
              Looking forward to the show.
              cheers Mike.

Comment

Pokes are a grow fast breed quick die (comparitively) young group of spiders.

Does sound like you have a male.

When he matures (i wont be around) but i am sure you will find someone with a willing female

Ray G

Comment

Working...
                X