Cyrio sp blue moulted, need help sexing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cyrio sp blue moulted, need help sexing

Hi, my 6"+ sp blue just moulted and im hoping that you guys can help me out with sexing it. It was sold to me as a female, but i was told that if it turns out to be male i can trade it in for a female.

*sorry for poor quality, cam ran almost ran out of battery by the time i took this pic, ill upload more later if it's blur, just let me know*

Female.
    Guy...
    www.giantspiders.com

Comment

I believe they are colour diamorphic, males are olive green, females are blue.

Looking at the moulting pictures, and the skin, i say female without a doubt.
      And he piled upon the whale's white hump, the sum of all the rage and hate felt by his whole race. If his chest had been a cannon, he would have shot his heart upon it.

Comment

Originally posted by Neil Richardson
        I believe they are colour diamorphic, males are olive green, females are blue.

Looking at the moulting pictures, and the skin, i say female without a doubt.
        Neil
        Yes they are sexually dimorphic the males once mature they are a all over green in colour and are vertically identical looking to C, schioedtei males.

However before maturing it’s often difficult to tell Cyriopagopus sp - blue apart.

Cheers
        Mark

------------------------------------------------------
        Serious Ink tattoo studio -
        Discounts on tattoo's for BTS members
        My Collection: - Support captive breeding

Comment

Ah, learn something new.

This is a blue specimen though.
          And he piled upon the whale's white hump, the sum of all the rage and hate felt by his whole race. If his chest had been a cannon, he would have shot his heart upon it.

Comment

I spoke to the seller last yaer at Kettering and the BTS and he was telling us that the females also go blue at different stages. Some at a couple of inches some not till they are big enough to mate.

Comment

thanx alot for the feedback!

sure ill keep u updated, ill take some pics if it tomorrow when it's harder

Comment

Originally posted by Neil Richardson
                Ah, learn something new.

This is a blue specimen though.
                Yes eventually they go a fantasic blue / violet colour. Like layla mentions some are have blue on them earlier then others. All mine were brownish until around 5-6 inches. But on the underside there might be hints of the forthcoming blue stage..

This species is extremlly large when adult, they are fast growing and often molt without being fed that much.

As I happen to be a bit partial to Asian arboreals these are a firm favourite of mine.

Cheers
                M

Comment

What is the exact species in this discussion? Are they easily available as captive bred slings or fairly new to the hobby

Comment

Originally posted by pe@nut
                    What is the exact species in this discussion? Are they easily available as captive bred slings or fairly new to the hobby
                    It's the Singapore Blue - Cyriopagopus sp blue I think

My Collection:

Comment

Originally posted by Phil Rea
                      Originally posted by pe@nut
                      It's the Singapore Blue - Cyriopagopus sp blue I think
                      Yes this is the species we are talking about.
                      See here

Cheers
                      Mark

Comment

i had feeling that that was the T talked about as I saw the previous topic regarding the same species, I just wondered what the second part of the name is? Will there be any at this years show?

Comment

gona ot here for convenience*

why is it called Singapore blue when most of it comes from Malaysia? i find it disturbing

Comment

Originally posted by kennfreeloader
                            gona ot here for convenience*

why is it called Singapore blue when most of it comes from Malaysia? i find it disturbing
                            The orignal site details was Singapore, when it became obvious that they indeed to be found on the Mainland, it was kept quiet for a while and by then the name stuck.

Personally I prefere the name Malaysian Blue Or Blue Tree Spider. But then I am a tad bias.

Cheers
                            Mark

Comment

Working...
                            X