Look! Tarantula moult video

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Look! Tarantula moult video

Hi all, my adult female L. Parahybana moulted the other day, she's gone from 7.5 inches to 8, and is doing the usual "stretch" routine at the moment. After she flipped onto her back I set up a video camera to record in timelapse mode, and sped up the footage to get this pretty cool clip:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LyT-n24AXJ8"]YouTube - Lasiodora parahybana moulting[/ame]

Enjoy!

Stewart

That was pretty damn cool.

I'll have to get me a camcorder.

I only managed stills of my last L.parahybana moult.

Excellent clip.

Cheers Mike
    We are judged not by our words but by our actions.

Comment

That was amazing

My Collection:

Comment

That is superb Stewart.....well done!!
        Arachnophiles & Forum!

Comment

Very impressive

I've got a copy of NeilD's blondi moult video, but all for the last 4 minutes, during which time she 'flips' back over, in all of the years I have kept T's that is the only part of a moult I haven't witnessed!!

Thanks Neil!!

Comment

Moult Videos

Your very welcome Howard

Great Vid
            Neil & Jacqueline

It makes no sense to worry about things you have no control over because there's nothing you can do about them.

Comment

Cheers for the comments guys, that video was intended for use in a documentary I might make about the hobby. I'm currently in the 2nd year of a film at tv course at Stratford-upon-Avon college, and I was considering making a documentary about the tarantula keeping hobby as my final major project. Last year I made a doc about arachnophobia which dispelled some of the common myths about spiders, but I feel that I can better myself with a 2nd doc. The 1st one had a great interview with our very own Carl Portman, and features some nice tarantula footage from Stratford butterfly farm. Now my own collection is much bigger, I have 16 tarantulas (numbers should go way up in two weeks time at Kettering though! ) This should enable me to get some nice feeding footage etc, but if I do go through with the project it would be nice to go round to some people's houses with much larger collections and have a look at them. I was also considering the idea of interviews with some of the BTS committee. If anyone would be interested in helping with interviews if this goes ahed then feel free to PM me about it. I would be particularly interested to see the tarantulas that people are proudest of I am based in Solihull, near Birmingham, and will be at Kettering and the BTS show.

Stewart

Comment

Working...
              X