stock at the BTS show

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• stock at the BTS show

It is my first time going tot he BTS show and by no mean the last. I was just wondering if anyone has been previous years what selection of T's are available? what are the prices like and any tips for being at the show as I can imagine it being packed in the halls. Some of the spiders im buyingwill be purchased beforehand and to collect but i intend to find a couple of surprises while i am there at reasonable price. So if anyone could give me a low down on what I would expect to pay for s spiderling B Klass or A chalcodes for example. Any tips and pointers would be greatly appreciated.

Hi, having been to the BTS show for more years running than I care to remember, you will not be dissapointed!!

As for selection of T's, it's probably easier to ask what species won't be there!!!

There's also a good selection of related equipment, both this and the livestock is very reasonably priced indeed. If you hang on to the end of the show, you can also sometimes get good bargains as people do not want to go home with too much stock.

As for prices of the T's you mention, sorry can't help on this one, but lets just say at least half of what you would pay for in a shop!!

Just to give you an idea, last year they had adult T.blondi's for £35 each, I have bought a large juvenile B.smithi for £10 etc etc.

It is busy but very enjoyable, try and get there for the opening and have a very quick scout about, then go back and do things more systematically. Don't always buy the first T you see, as prices and stock do vary and there are so many traders.

This year will probably seem more 'packed' than it normally would as one of the main halls that is used is being made bigger, so we won't have access to that one, but I believe regardless, the same amount of traders as previous years will still be there. Although one of the BTS comittee would be better qualified to comment on this than me, or take a look here:

Hope this info is of some use!!

Comment

yes buying the first stall i come across is something dont want to do as I can imagine buying a spider and finding it cheaper. A juv red knee for £10 isnt bad. Some stock I will be ordering before the show and collecting them but will look around and am looking forward to the surprises ill find.
      Cheers

Comment

Originally posted by pe@nut
        yes buying the first stall i come across is something dont want to do as I can imagine buying a spider and finding it cheaper. A juv red knee for £10 isnt bad. Some stock I will be ordering before the show and collecting them but will look around and am looking forward to the surprises ill find.
        Cheers
        Unless of course, it is something that is particularly hard to get hold of or something you have been after for a long, long time and believe the price is fair, then go for it!!

Comment

well my main areas I want to expand is Brahcys suchas Klassi, Emelia, Smith and so on, ive had two red knees in the past and Brachys are my favourite in the Tarantulas and hope to breed in that area. If I could buy juveniles of the above mentioned and some other buying acouple so canhave sexed pairs but if not would be able to swap in future. Id like to buy an A Chalcode and a Cyopeaubescent (is that spelt right?). Brachys are easy to buy and relatively moderate price so I know i wont be dissapointed.

Comment

Hi

Hi there could you tell me when I get to the b.t.s is all the good stuff going to have been sold befor hand becouse its a very long way for me to drive. And I dont want to go all that way so I can only get the comen spiders for a cheper price. It seems a bit of a shame if all the rare tarantulas are sold befor the show has even opend. Or am I paniking to much. The spiders I will be after are going to be selenocosima sp. and chilobrachys sp. and many other asian/african sp. so if some one could tell me if thay would be there that would be grate
            james tack

Comment

James, in answer to your question NO! all the "good stuff" won't be sold by the time you get to the show, unless you leave it too late
              My best advice would be to get there as early as you possibly can, the queue tends to begin forming around 9am even though the doors don't open until 11 With regard to what you'll be able to buy there, it does very much depend on what's been bred this past year, but there are normally quite a few little gems to be found especially given that there will be dealers from across Europe there as well

Look forward to seeing you all there.

Mike.
              www.serpents-web.co.uk a work in progress.

Now offering the full range of MicroClimate products and also the full range of Java wood Decor.

Have you joined the BTS yet? If not why not? See the E-store to join online now

What is understood does not need to be discussed!

Comment

Hi James,

To back up Mike's last comment, at last year's BTS, I was in the queue for the opening at 11am, I had a wander around and went to the main hall, probably a good 20-30mins after it opened, had a look around there and there was someone selling P.mettalica and they still had quite a few left.

They were being snapped up, but still plenty when I got to them. (didn't get any that time ) As he said, there are always, all sorts of gems about!

Where are you driving from?

Comment

Hi

Hi huk7 I am coming from the land of hollyoks if thats spellt right mening chester so a bit of away.
                  james tack

Comment

Ill be travelling right down form Devon so its a good long drive. Instead of driving sunday morning going saturday morning and staying overnight in a hotel. I cant wait for the show.

Comment

We will be travelling from North East Scotland lol.
                      Last year was brill.
                      All you have to do is bring a husband with money....tis what I did

Comment

Will hopefully be travelling from Stoke as long as new house has gone through by then!!!

Mind you if it has, probably won't have much money to spend

Mike
                        www.serpents-web.co.uk a work in progress.

Now offering the full range of MicroClimate products and also the full range of Java wood Decor.

Have you joined the BTS yet? If not why not? See the E-store to join online now

What is understood does not need to be discussed!

Comment

Originally posted by Layla Mc
                          All you have to do is bring a husband with money....tis what I did
                          Well that's me knackered then

My Collection:

Comment

Well i hope to have 8 of the 11 species of Pokes for sale ( if the subfusca drops a sac).

Ray

Comment

Originally posted by angelarachnid
                              Well i hope to have 8 of the 11 species of Pokes for sale ( if the subfusca drops a sac).

Ray
                              And i hope to have 6 of the 11 species of pokes in my car for the trip home

Already have P.fasciata and P.regalis
                              And he piled upon the whale's white hump, the sum of all the rage and hate felt by his whole race. If his chest had been a cannon, he would have shot his heart upon it.

Comment

Working...
                              X