Breeding triggers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Breeding triggers

Stooka and I were having a chat yesturday about breeding, methods and so on. He's trying to breed his G rosea but nothing happening yet and a thought occured to me and we both talked about it but were'nt sure and could use some information for future preference for everyone really. Do tarantulas require a colling period for a month or two in winter to trigger breeding season which is used in almost all snakes and reptiles If so is there just specific Genus and species or depending on climates I read some where that Brachys possibly need cooling off but sllight hazy memory. If anyone has data on wide spectrum of tarantula species and which need cooling, which dont and indeed if any at all would be great.

Hi

Hi pe@nut I am no expert in this area but I'm sure I've read some were quite a few times that Grammostola sp. have a colling period it would make seans. Becouse in the areas these spiders come from they have very harsh winters and it would probbly stand for quite a few species but who knows any way thanks.
    james tack

Comment

I have bred G.rosea 3 times, each time the female was cooled for between 8 and 12 weeks after mating.
      regards
      phil
      www.thetarantulastore.net

Comment

hi,at the moment its the problem of them not doing anything that im having,all spiders i have paired before i have put a male in a cricket tub inside the female tank and see how she reacted,always with drumming etc.This time with G.rosea i get nuthin,nuthin atall.The only thing i have noticed is that they both stand on "tip toes" for very long periods of time????
        thanks.

stu

Comment

Originally posted by Phil
          I have bred G.rosea 3 times, each time the female was cooled for between 8 and 12 weeks after mating.
          I would have thought that cooling periods take place prior to mating rather than post mating. I havent any sxed pairs yet but when i do im going to try vearious methods try colling on species and not cooling another and see if theres much difference between the two Anyone else know much in this area on breeding

Comment

Working...
          X