Brachypelma emilia breeding

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brachypelma emilia breeding

Got a wonderful present from my Patience(B.emilia) yesterday, she layed an egg sack for me and as this was my first ever mating I did without hubby I am ever so pleased. I hope this turns out better than my boehmei sac I had earlier this year
    She has been teasing me for a month with her digging!

Was just wondering how long it took others to get diff stages of slings, ie how long did it take to get N1, N2 then slings? I hear about 70 days depending on temp from sac to slings. Any info at all on the breeding of these would be greatly appreciated.

Congratulations. excellent present. Doesnt that make three brachy sacs this year? (dont forget the albopilosum) , well done hope it all works out .

Patience is a great name just what you need with brachys.
    marie
    Brachypelma.co.uk

Comment

will deffinantely be begging for some of those from you when their ready layla congrats on the third brachy sac of the year.

Comment

Yes Marie, number 3 produced this year but only one resulting in anything so far, fingers crossed 3 works out well.
        Thanks guys. Sarah Im sure if it works out I will sort out something I saw a fair few eggs before hse covered them all up

Comment

brachypelma vagan setup

Dear Layla, I bought a juv female vagan at the bts show and after looking at www.brachypelma.co.uk, I raised the humidity to about 65%. I thought this would induce her to feeding, but she's only lying on the heatmat now.

I was told that they are an excellent feeder, but am quite concerned as she seems very larthargic. Is there any advice you could give me on seup arrangements to alleviate the problem. Thanks, and congratulations on your eggsac. Best wishes, Gareth

Comment

Nice one Layla. Fingers crossed for you
            Ian M

Brachypelma.co.uk updated 22/06/06

Comment

Re: brachypelma vagan setup

Originally posted by gizza
              Dear Layla, I bought a juv female vagan at the bts show and after looking at www.brachypelma.co.uk, I raised the humidity to about 65%. I thought this would induce her to feeding, but she's only lying on the heatmat now.

I was told that they are an excellent feeder, but am quite concerned as she seems very larthargic. Is there any advice you could give me on seup arrangements to alleviate the problem. Thanks, and congratulations on your eggsac. Best wishes, Gareth
              Hi Gareth
              where do you have your heat mat? what is the spiders set up? Make sure she has access to a small bowl (lid of some kind can be used) of fresh water that she can drink. What temps do you have her at?

Thanks Ian

Comment

setup for b. vagans

Hi Layla, Thanks for your quick reply. I currently have her in a 12"x8"x8" cage from custom aquaria, and have a heat strip along the back wall of her cage and another spiders cage. I have an artificial hide (corkbark), with some spagnum moss for humidity. Temperature not sure of as I think i wet the coir substrate a bit much consequently quite a lot of condensation. I always thought that brachys were to be kept on dry substrate and not too much humidity?. Please advise on specific temp/humidity requirements. Is the reason she isn't eating because she's too damp?. She has produced a lot of webbing over the corkbark and heatmat. Gareth.

Comment

vagans like it a bit more on the humid side than most brachys. With vagans you can keep substrate quite dry as long as they have water dish which you can over flow sometimes. I dont keep substrate bone dry for them. Temp, mine is in my T room with no extra heat mat which varies between 76 and 82 and she seems happy.

BTW for those interested the emilia sac is doing well so far. Mum is turning etc still

Comment

day 55 and I removed the sack 5 days earlier than planned as the female was acting differently around it.
                    The result

am chuffed

Thanks to Marie for all your support x

Comment

Congratulations, an excellent result. well done
                      marie
                      Brachypelma.co.uk

Comment

Excellent result Layla.

Now that really deserves writing-up into an article for the BTS Journal, particularly as it isn't the easiest species to breed

Richard

Comment

Thanks Richard.
                          The first sling moulted out just before midnight on the 17th July yahooo....the yamia N2 i have are darkening too....wwwwwhy do they have to do it at the same time

Comment

Working...
                          X