worms with crickets ??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• worms with crickets ??

hi there have just purchased a tub of small black crickets ,and have noticed that there are some sort of worm/centipede type thing in with the crickets .these worms have legs and are black in colour .
    does anyone know what they may be and are the crickets safe to feed to my spider..
    many thanks for any help given ..

hi

they are the larvae of of some kind of beetle and you often get them in tubs of crickets. The crickets are fine to feed to your spider. I actually feed these larvae to my spiderlings too, but to ones that i know are hungry and will pounce on them straight away because i don't want them digging themselves in and live in the tank.

Comment

I wouldn't feed them to spiderlings to be honest. Judging by the way they eat through egg boxes, they could damage or injure the sling.

My Collection:

Comment

Yup they can eat slings, i have lost a H incei sling and a Cyriocosmus sp venezueala to the horrid things.

Comment

thanks all for the replys i was worried that they may infect the crickets i wont take a chance and feed the spider them .
          have to get some new crickets this w/end i will try and get some without these little worms in
          thanks again red*knee*tattoo

Comment

You will find them in with with your crickets they are a beetle larva they do a good job of cleaning up after the crix.
            Ian M

Brachypelma.co.uk updated 22/06/06

Comment

Working...
            X