scorpions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• scorpions

I no this is a tarantula forum but was wondering if anyone keeps scorpions?

Have u herd of a jerico forest scorpion(nebo histrionicus)

Comment

Never heard of them before but now Virginia Cheeseman and Spider Shop are both selling them.
      Closest I've heard of is Nebo hierichonticus

Comment

yeah i got 1 from spider shop but wasnt much info bout it!! do u know any other gd sites like the spider shop that sell tarantulas an equiptment?

Comment

Hi

Hi I keep Scorpions as well as tarantulas.
          james tack

Comment

hi do u know anythink about the jerico forest scorpion? got 1 from spider shop need sum info on them. what scorps do u keep

Michael

Comment

Hi mate know I dont realy keep many of those typs of Scorps I have not long ago got my licens to keep buthide sp. or how ever you spell it, but anyway I'm not to sure theres much imfo out on this sp. I take it your geting one if so good luck. :P
              james tack

Comment

It should be Nebo hierichonticus.
                They are larger scorpions that live under stones or in burrows they take from other scorpions (when they eat them). So humidity should be kept up, but not high (Look at Israels' weather for referance). In the deasert they are active year round, but in the mid-north (high-lands) they are rearly seen in winter.
                Their sting, while it can be painfull, isn't dangerous.

This is what I know from a book about them here is Israel. I don't keep these but am very familier with them (chances are I have a few in my back yard).

Comment

cheers m8

Comment

Do you no if u can keep them in groups??

Comment

Not recomended. The Jerusalem zoo, does keep a large group together, but from time to time they add a few new ones... they are not social.

Comment

cheers for the replies

Comment

Working...
                        X