Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can anyone shed any light on this..?

Can anyone shed any light on this..?

My A. avicularia started some strange behavior this morning, and I cannot imagine what it was doing!

She was spread-eagled against the front glass of her tank and I was able to get within an inch without bothering her at all…

She placed the Metatarsus of her first leg on the left side against her mouth, braced it with another leg, and held it in place with both fangs. She seemed to be placing spittle on the limb, moving it left and right as she worked. After a few minutes, she lowered the legs and alternately poked each fang into her mouth, as if stimulating something inside.

She did the same to a leg on the other side, and then I had to do the 2-minute mile dash to work!

Any ideas?
    Paul

Hi mate am not to sure but she could have been cleaning her self, hope this helps mate thanks. :P
    james tack

Comment

Sounds like chelicera/fang cleaning to me too

My Collection:

Comment

Thats what I thought but was not sure know you've sead it, it makes sense. So if I were you Paul I would'nt worry about it they all do that if thats what it is, and more than likely it is that, hope this helps thanks. :P
        james tack

Comment

Thanks All!

I thought I was onto something there...

Paul

Comment

Working...
          X