missing legs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• missing legs

My P.Murinus just moulted for the first time and after the moult was missing 2 legs how did this happen ???

We have had legs missing that have got stuck in the old skin, they regenerate after about 2 moults, nothing to worry too much about, as long as it isn't the last moult of a mature male, then they will not regenerate
    spider woman at Wilkinsons

Comment

I've got a p.irminia with only 7 legs, it doesn't seem to be bothered by it at all.

I think Layla had a 1st instar G.aureostriata sling with 3 legs that is still alive.
      And he piled upon the whale's white hump, the sum of all the rage and hate felt by his whole race. If his chest had been a cannon, he would have shot his heart upon it.

Comment

its only first moult so shouldnt be a prob

Comment

Stuck and subsiquently lost legs seems to be quite a common problem. But the solution to it is built into the T and they seem quite adept at using it. Nature is very clever when you think about it . I have sen an auratum shed a leg at each moult. Diferent one each time. Yet it is kept exactly the same as its neigbours who have no problems at all.
          Ian M

Brachypelma.co.uk updated 22/06/06

Comment

Working...
          X