Any ideas ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any ideas ?

Hi, A friend of mine found his T, blondi sling deceased today.It has been sitting in some really strange positions for a couple of days.Then was found like this.

Conditions were ok.
    I have noticed some mites on it, could these be responsible?

Would appreciate any ideas or advice.

cheers Mike.
    We are judged not by our words but by our actions.

It looks like it was maybe trying to moult? Mites seem to appear on dead stuff.

Comment

When my H masculata sling died and then saw the white mites I too thought that may have been the cause, internal parasites but id asked R Gallon and said they were the beneficial mites that eat dead and decaying matter. If condions were right then it might have just been the case it was one of the slings that wasnt meant to survive and was completely down to nature having the fittest and strongest survive and weak dont last. Ive had numerous sloings that have lasted just days after getting it and convinced they were just the weak of the pack.

Comment

It does look like possibly a failed moult to me too

My Collection:

Comment

Thanx guys, appreciate your help.

Comment

Hi Mike how are you mate, I have seen this quite a few times before Mike. I saw it quite a bit when I bred one of my Chilobrachys sp. huahini with some of the fist and second insert, if I remember I found about 11 or more like this but they were'nt coming to shed as may others in there were'nt eather and there all doing brill at the mo and are large spiderlings to small juves, so who know what it is. I have all so seen it in a 2. other spiders but they were a little older but still spiderlings and juves, anyway speek to you later mate thanks.
            james tack

Comment

Hi James, Yeah I'm cool. My male Regalis is off doing the rounds. It's my first time looking forward to seeing some slings.

Hope you are well, thanx for the advice.
              cheers Mike

Comment

Working...
              X