Ts at coast to coast Exotics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ts at coast to coast Exotics

We dropped in today to see what they have in stock now(and to show Katie the 'piders') and I saw a couple of red knees, a cobalt and a Poecilotheria(sp).
    Also there were some Chile rose slings for 5.95, and we decided to go for one of those. We found some plastic tanks but these are far too big for a sling as I read theyre likely to dry out in a big tank.
    Other stuff there were a goliath bird eater for £50 and a nice Scorpion(no way youre having one in MY house...)
    Thing is,looking at the red knee the tag said that they can be aggressive and are not an ideal starter spider, yet I thought they were begginner spiders

Then going home we went online to Ebay and we saw the seller selling these small tanks, who then sends a White Knee 'free' with the tank for atenner, so we may get one of those instead. We have emailed the seller asking how big the tanks are and are just awaiting a reply.
    My Collection: - Spiders are everywhere, so live with it
    Ray Gabriel

The red-knee tag is incorrect in my opinion. They are a great beginner species.
    And he piled upon the whale's white hump, the sum of all the rage and hate felt by his whole race. If his chest had been a cannon, he would have shot his heart upon it.

Comment

I agree totally the Red knee is the most sound beginner spider I have owned 2 in the past and a red knee was my first T ever and would recommend it 2 anyone along with Chile roses, curly hairs. Every T has its own temprement so one of the same species could be totaly different to the other. In general red knees are calm and easy may occasionally be nervous at first.

Comment

Well, we ordered the small tank from Ebay, and will be getting the White Knee thru the post soon!
        My Collection: - Spiders are everywhere, so live with it
        Ray Gabriel

Comment

Although Brachypelma smithi is good starter spider it is probably its tendancy to flick hair that has earned it its tag.
          British Tarantula Society - Join today safe and secure online

[B]
          The 29th BTS Annual Exhibition
          On
          [B]Sunday 18th May 2014[B]

Comment

I have an adult male and an adult female Red knee here and I have to say they are amongst the nastiest spiders I have here.
            Mark Kent used to have a large female named "Scuttle".
            She always got out of the tank and sat on a glass lid. Mark used to say "Just scuttle that back in will you?" and the bloody thing would jump on you as soon as you went near it. Never met a nice one myself.
            Horrid things.

Comment

yhe mine has ben abit agressive lately might be because she aint eaten for like a month due to moulting but she will be fine soon jus waiting for her fangs to harden
              B.Smithi
              G.Rosea (RCF)
              B.Vagans
              P.Irminia
              A.Avicularia
              L.Parahybana

Comment

Working...
              X