X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bit worried about my P.Murinus

hi ppl....
    want a bit of advice about my baboon,
    well i've had her for about 3-4weeks now,she's about 1.5inches ish, as soon as i got her i transfered her to a slightly larger better looking home than a sweet jar, couple of inches of substrate in th bottom and a bit of wood for her to climb onto.
    when i transfered her she show'd lots of aggression, but now 3 ish weks on she has'nt eated anything at all and has not shown her face to even attempt to eat, i lifted the wood today and she was just sat there prettty much lifeless, no aggerssion or anything just slowly trundled off to a corner....

so need advice if anyone has any clue's...

Generally the saying goes an unseen tarantula is a happy tarantula, so if you hardly see it its of no concern. When it comes to changing or cleaning tanks YES! its bloody hard they're mad, fast, jumpy. If it hasnt eaten it will be cos its likely to be settling down in itts new domain. How big is the new tank as too big will not be apppreciated nor will a different substrate etc.

Comment

hi Adam

well the new home is 9" x 9" x 12"high, she's still on a couple of inches of pete. only real difference is that there's a small bit of wood in one corner..

Comment

Probably ust a case of getting used to the new space, surroundings and feel of the place.

Comment

so do you think thats why my lividum is acting strange then.. she's still just huddled up in one corner and hardly moves, she is eating, and the other night she was hanging upside down for an hour, before she came back down and went back in a corner. she just seems a bit lifeless compaired to when i first got her....

Comment

If its eating the nits a good sign and if shes ventured out exploring then would suggest she is finding her way around and geting used to the new stuff, whether its different substrate from the old one. Its should be fine once its settles in.

Comment

she was on just peat, but now she's on vermiculite/peat bit of chip bark and in one corner spag moss, it was just a bit worrying to see her huddled in one corner...temp averages 23.5, humidity between 75-80.

Comment

Working...
              X